Question about chopping/drying & absence of 7 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hay WhiteWidower, you say you had another forum before coming here right? What Forum was that??????????...???..???
LOL

...actually, another option would be to start flowering now and be done by December 4th (which I prefer not to do), OR harvest early flowering for only 6-7 weeks instead of 8-9...which since I prefer the rushy, cerebral, euphoric heady high, maybe this is an option.

But since I have just topped this evening I need to do a few more weeks of vegetative growing before I place into flower, and I really want to top these tops so that I have more main branches to produce bud-tips. I wonder if I can get in another topping in + enough time for vegetative growth on that one before I put it (them) into flower.

1.) What do you think? Is 6-7 weeks enough time to flower in order to produce good bud + mature striped seeds?

2.) How much time do I need to dry my bud after harvest if air-dried naturally?

3.) How much time do I need to dry my bud by running a fan with air flowing on the buds 24 hours per day while I am here?

Here is how 2 of the plants look tonight (all of them topped this evening):

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32338

Why not LST or tie them over. You will get more bud sites without so much stress which means less veg time and you can start flowering asap:). 6-7 weeks is really pushing it. Ime it takes 8-10 weeks.

...because I have always had good results with topping, fimming didn't work for me this time, I don't know what LST is, and tying plants down seems even more unnatural and stressful to me for plants.

In nature, bugs and birds chomp on leaves, especially while young and tender seedlings, as they did on one of my plants here, and topping may mimic this somewhat.

I like the way plants look when topped and bushy with many "main" branches, and reading that others here also don't experience negative stress when topping, I think I will stick to this. I also notice growth really takes off when topping, and when left alone it seems like the vertical growth and growth of the bottom branches from nodes on the main stem take FOREVER!

Topping...works for me!

LST doesn't stop growth ime. If you want bud sites LSTing is way more efficient than topping and less stress so less veg time. I'm just trying to help you get your plants into flower asap is all.
tying plants down seems even more unnatural and stressful
It's not imo. The plant usually recovers from a tie in a few hours vs a few days for topping.

Thanks for your help BombBudPuffa - you are very kind!

1.) I would need to see how this LST is done.

2.) Is it ok to leave my plants by the window sill in December even though temperatures could be 40-50 degrees Farheinheit? Will these temperatures hurt the plants?

3.) I notice in your avatar the same guy as in past avatars. Is this really you?

Latest posts

Back