Question about flowering, males and other stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hey guys, had a few questions.
1) How long do you have after you kick it back to 12/12 before the males start pollinating the females?
2) How long ( if not already showing preflowers) into 12/12 before they start showing preflowers?
3) Does anyone know what a mature male flower ends up looking like?
4) On my plants, i have long green looking pistils coming out at the nodes, but it doesn't look like preflowers and its not new growth. What are these? Are they preflowers?
Thanks for the help guys.

I'm not sure how long until pollentation as I've never had a male (clones). You should see some sort of flowering activity in about 7-10 days.

A male flower will look like this-

If the things on the nodes aren't pre-flowers it sounds like they will be. How old are the plants and can you throw up a picture?

can take upto 14 days for them to drop there load.......the buds will go a very light greenish/white before they open....keep an eye for that like;)

cranky

and when they are ready to go any little touch will shed a notso nice lighter then flour white dust (pollen) that catches any slight wind very easy.

Latest posts

Back