Question about light intensity and yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
Ok, little stoned at the moment but here goes...

Say hypothetically I yield 2 ounces (56 grams) running at 25,000 lumens with CFL's.

If I were to instead use a 600 watt HPS running at 90,000 lumens, would it be safe to say that the 600 watt HPS is 3.6 times stronger than the CFL's and thus 3.6 times the yield?

Or am I thinking along the absolutely wrong lines and completely stoned? :confused: I'm looking at aquiring a 600 watter, and I'm trying to compare yield potential. I have heard that it's reletively easy to yield 0.5 grams per watt, which would mean that with a 600 watter, I could potentially grow 300 grams (10 ounces or so), which is about 4x more yield than the CFL's I think...

Anyways, happy toking and of course growing!

Mental good to see you around, to answer your question about yield with a 600w HPS, I yield anywhere from 1g-1.5g per watt but I think anywhere from .75g to 1.5g per watt is really good! I think if you dial your grow in that you'll have no problem attaining the 1g per watt especially after seeing your results with CFL's, much better than I thought could be attained with CFL's by the way well done again!

Phatpharmer

Hey thanks for the encouraging words phat! Yeah, I've been away lately, but I do stop by time to time to see what's happening. I hope everybody's enjoying the bpotm ;).

I'm amazed at the yield potential of the cannabis plant. Looking at the specs of my most recent harvest which yielded roughly 2.0 - 2.5 ounces using about 300 or so watts of CFL's (about 17,600 lumens), I am looking forwards to seeing how I fare with a much brighter light source!

Thanks again for the super fast reply.

Yeah I'd hate to see what you could do with some real flowering lights! I think that BPOTM pic is the nicest bud I've seen grown with CFL's so with the HPS you'll rule the roost as far as BPOTM goes!LOL

Phatpharmer

Latest posts

Back