Question About Satori

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotelCalifornia420

Reaction score
I'm trying Satori for the first time. And I've read that she's a light feeder.

I use my own mix of Super Soil, and I cook it very well (i.e. long). It's strong enough that I use only tap water throughout the entire grow, with no nutes or additives of any kind. And the only water I give it is un-ph'ed tap water.

Also worth mentioning is that I successfully rooted 8 of 9 Sugar Punch clones with it (100% Super Soil) a few months ago when I was unknowingly out of Roots Organic. I expected the plants to burn, but they thrived instead. One of my friends said it was due to me cooking the Super Soil so long and thoroughly. IDK.

Will Satori like this grow environment? Will the Super Soil be too strong for a light feeding plant like Satori?

Thank you.

I use the same soil for all my girls. Satori did just fine in it.

Satori will be very happy to have a home with you and all those nice amendments. Lucky girl. You should be just fine.

I have never found a super soil that will take me all the way through...what are you putting into it?

I have never found a super soil that will take me all the way through...what are you putting into it?

This is what I use, based upon a recipe by member sidewing on RollItUp. I've used it for several grows now. I especially like the organic rice hulls over perlite. The hulls do the job of perlite, and add silicon as well for protection from disease.

My plants thrive in this soil, but do remain green until harvest; which may mean that it has too much nitrogen.

Sidewing also has a "cut down" version, which he claims is less expensive and still produces the same results. But I haven't tried it yet.

Nouvellchef on this web site has an interesting formula; I may try it sometime with added organic rice hulls.

Sidewing's Super Soil Recipe:

• 2 large bags - roots natural and organic soil large bag (1.5)
  • 1.5 cu - EB Earth Worm Castings
  • 16 red cups (about 1kg) – organic rice hulls
  • 420g fish bone meal (down to earth 3-16-0)
  • 420g bat guano (happy frog 0-5-0)
  • 420g blood meal (down to earth 12-0-0)
  • 100g neem seed meal (down to earth)
  • 80g potassium sulfate (0-0-50)

• 200g ancient forest alaska humus (general organics)
  • 200g xtreme mycorrhizal granules
  • 200g azomite

• 100g sea kelp (algamin 1-0-2)
  • 70g dolomite lime (30% cal 3% mg or 75/12)
  • 50g alfalfa meal (down to earth 2.5-1-1)

• 20g humic acid powder (down to earth)
  • 8g Epsom salt

I use this soil in 10-gallon smart pots, and use nothing but un-ph'ed tap water the entire grow.

Thanks, not that much different than mine....I wonder why mine never ever ever lasts the entire grow.....

Thanks, not that much different than mine....I wonder why mine never ever ever lasts the entire grow.....

I've only run short-flowering strains in it. The longest-flowering strain I've run in it was 63 days. Maybe it would run out of steam on long-flowering sativas.

So, how do you supplement your organic grows with nutes? Do you use a tea of some sort?

Maybe I'll try supplementing my next grow to see if I get bigger yields.

I have used Novelle Chef's recipe and liked it. that looks like a good one.

I use both teas and commercial nutes like GO or similar organic nutes to supplement. Maybe I will just have to try your recipe sometime.

What size are your grow bags THG?
I have found the bigger the bag the longer the ss works.

I was using 3 gallons ones. Stands to reason--more soil, more nutrients. I have some 5 gal bags I think I will try.

OK, I just ordered my Satori seeds, and it will be my first regular (i.e. non-feminized) grow.

I'll get 10 regular seeds. I'm looking for a good mother to clone from. So how many seeds should I germinate? Five? All? Other?

The first five Satori seeds I germed I had four females, the next three seeds I germed I had two females, so the female to male ratio was high on the seeds I have.

I am kinda cheap with my satori seeds. I would pop 4 in hopes of getting two females. I want to warn you satori can take a long time to sex. However, i have never forced my plants so that may work for you if you need to know quicker.

Enjoy this great strain.

Latest posts

Back