question for smart pot users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
I was watering today and saw that there are roots coming out the side of my smart pot. This is my second grow using the smart pots but the last grow the roots didnt come out the side of the pot. Is this going to create any problems? Thanks

juniorgrower said:
I was watering today and saw that there are roots coming out the side of my smart pot. This is my second grow using the smart pots but the last grow the roots didnt come out the side of the pot. Is this going to create any problems? Thanks

Do you hve them close together? Usually the roots get air pruned and don't come through the sides. I think I read something once or twice about them coming out the sides and bottom when they were outside on the ground and too close to other Smart Pots. Either way I don't think it will cause problems...most likely they will eventually get air pruned. Jmo

Yeah they are about an inch or so from each other. Same setup as last grow except this time I am using Super Soil. Thanks Hammy.

Is this going to create any problems?

No:)

Mine do the same thing. Bunch of roots sticking out where direct light does not reach. I run my veg lights 24/7 but if I didn't I imagine I would see more roots sticking out when lights first come on.

Shoot, I thought this was about stoners who were smart........

Latest posts

Back