Question.. Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmyjg6

Pimp Co.
Reaction score
OK so i am doing a closet grow and have split my closet in half, i already have my veg room set up and i am starting to set up my flower. And i ran into a little problem, the area for the flower will be about 2'X5'. What size HPS system should i get for the area, and do i need two lamps or will one just do? My original plan was for 2 400 watt HPS with the vents in the reflectors so i can pump the hot air out. But *** i do my calculation i don't think it will work.

Thanks man. How many plants can you flower under a 400 watt? about 4?

Go big! Go with two...id like to see some pics of your grow closet.

if your not scared to do numbers you could do an sog or scrog, the bigger plants will yeild less gpw because the longer veging time needed. if you start 40 and aim for 20 big colas being a smaller number on the scale. idealy you could plant on 6 inch centers and FILL that space but if your starting from non feminized seeds then it will be hard to get that many females after weeding out the males.

if you do an SOG give one week veg max and flower them all. two bigger plants will need more time for veg and grow taller which equals lees lumen penetration to lower buds. if you can do an sog your optimizing the amount of intensity your working with by keeping the light closer to all the foilage making denser buds through-out the grow.

just a thought, hope this helps a lil :)

i run a 400,2x4tray E&F,i flowered 8@18in and got 2oz primo/3oz mid.flowered [email protected] space,nutes,set-up...got over 7oz primo/0 mid,and manicuring was a breeze.400w will only penetrate about 18-24in effectively(my experience)...and who wants to grow mid-grade.grow yourself a mother,cut some clones,cram about 2-3per sq ft in the flower room when you see new growth.in my humle opinion this is the most efficiant/productive use of your space/lite

oh yeah,remember your plants will double or triple in size when you flower them,usually closer to triple.hope that helped

"Again this is my first grow"......Well i already have a room set up for a sea of green, its a 2x3 space with a 12 spot hydroponic system under a 250 watt HPS, i will be using it once i have a mother to make clones. I will upload a pic. Anyways i have a big walk in closet *** you will see in the pic, and already have a 2x5 spot for vegging with 2 4' florescent lights making 14000 lumen's. and the other half 2x5 is for flower. And i plan on doing 4 at a time and LST'ing them. And my question is how big of a lamp should i get for that space. I plan on having the reflectors that have a 6" exhaust on both sides so i can **** the hot air out. And i am good at auto cad and have the room configured in it and it says i don't have enough width to put 2 lamps side by side, so i guess i am going to have to go with one lamp but not sure how big in wattage would be moor than enough for 4 plants but not over kill. If yall want to check out my grow click on my sig... Thanks all

1223.jpg

250 or 400 with a lite mover maybe.i kno they have a thread w/charts somewhere.without a mover i think youll need 600 to cover the 5ft strech.

if you supercrop and keep the light low that 250 will be fine. if there is any way tothrow a 400 in there and keep it cool you will yeild denser nuggs but if you treat them good a 250 will yeild great. i cant wait to see a harvest and smoke report- :pulling up a chair:

good luck bro!!!!

never used a mover...just triin to be creative i guess,glad to kno i dont need to waste my time triin 1!whats math

Timmyjg6 said:
the area for the flower will be about 2'X5'. What size HPS system should i get for the area,

Hmmmm lets see 2'x5'=10', 10'x5000L=50000L. That right there tells me that a 400-600W HPS would be plenty of light for the area, but the more the bigger the buds.IMO id go with the 600W just for kicks, better penetration, and more lumen per square foot.

Thanks all. I was thinking a 600. And i cant fit 2 lamps in there because i am going to have ducts going threw the reflectors and a carbon filter hooked up at the top to collect the warmer air. I am thinking of a 600 watt with a LumenAire 6 Reflector, and 6" vortex. But i will probably have to cut down on the width of the room. I really want to use it all but having the temp get low as i can comes first.

400 or 600, just get one that you can ventilate, the glass tubes are the best. small space + non vented hps = 90+. good luck, what kind of genetics you looking at?:hubba:

Well i have 1 hydro Kush, and 1 hydro Strawberry Cough, and 2 Soil Strawberry Coughs. Check out my grow jernal, its just now started about a week old. Look in my Signature.

nice my friend over in Sacramento has 2 strawberry cough's too, haha but his were clones. yea its some nice smoke, if you do it correctly. good luck ill be seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back