QUESTION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbone

Reaction score
I am switching these 4 to flower.

I do have to repot at least 1…

My question is… will it hurt them to repot after a week into flower?
image.jpg

And also should I stop my feeding schedule for a bit after I repot?

Don’t mind the chihuahua. He likes the smell in here.. Lol

Hey, won't hurt them perthay, but, it will help stunt them if not careful. when you flip the plants light schedule is when they need their most freedom.. and yet, some respond quite well to this, like my Autos did so... water in good
and when you up pot them, try to go to 3gal felt pots. You will see a growth explosion like you've never seen before and my guess is your root ball will already be established where you need feeder roots more.. the felt pots will give you just that..

During the time your in the smaller pots, do a light flushing on them, then begin your flowering regiment at 1/4 strength until you up pot..

Prep your pots in advance while your waiting... gives the soil a chance to get active, fill them, water them in and let them sit for a few days, by the time your ready to up pot the soil has dried out enough to transplant them and then feed/water them in...

hope this helps...

I've made all the mistakes over the past 20yrs... my biggest problem early on was always wanting to try the next best thing.. keep things simple, these plants are tougher then most think.. best advice, the pots. plastic pots allow the plant to develop the larger roots that establish the plants foothold.. but then you want feeder roots...

The felt pots do something called "Air Trimming". As the larger roots hit the edge of the pot, instead of curling back inward like on a plastic pot, they actually get air trimmed or stopped, then the tiny feeder roots develop off THAT root allowing the plant to uptake more foods/nutrients/water... no more root bound plants at harvest...

If you can start them all in 1gal nursery pots, then up pot to 3gal felt pots the day they show sex, your golden bro...

Roots Organics or Strawberry Fields soil make growing hassle free.... luck

I've made all the mistakes over the past 20yrs... my biggest problem early on was always wanting to try the next best thing.. keep things simple, these plants are tougher then most think.. best advice, the pots. plastic pots allow the plant to develop the larger roots that establish the plants foothold.. but then you want feeder roots...

The felt pots do something called "Air Trimming". As the larger roots hit the edge of the pot, instead of curling back inward like on a plastic pot, they actually get air trimmed or stopped, then the tiny feeder roots develop off THAT root allowing the plant to uptake more foods/nutrients/water... no more root bound plants at harvest...

If you can start them all in 1gal nursery pots, then up pot to 3gal felt pots the day they show sex, your golden bro...

Roots Organics or Strawberry Fields soil make growing hassle free.... luck
I love those felt pots. I have one 3 gallon and three 5 gallons now all transplanted and on the flower tent.
Thanks for the input!

Yes I just began using 5 gallon felt pots and the plants love them. No problem repotting while in flower.

repotting during flower will not hurt them , well maybe it will hurt their feelings.......it will stunt them some though

one year my Malawi’s got so tall I just cut holes in the greenhouse film and let those suckers loose , I have phots somewhere , don’t worry , the film was about 4 yrs old and needed replaced anyway..

we finally went to 100% shade cloth cause it was just to hot out here fr plastic film and the plants loved it ..

my hoop house is a small 12’ x 20’ , it has a few volunteer ecsd x Ogers this season

CEA3485E-6F16-4252-844B-ADE60E62A26B.jpeg

Latest posts

Back