Questions about guns baggies numbers scales etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, handguns are pretty worthless for home defense, although I have a 9mm and a 380. Even if you do hit what you're aiming at, the misses go through the wall into the next room. Give me the 12 gauge any day. The laws down here in FL are pretty clear about self defense, especially home invasion :hubba:

The only thing worst than relying on the forum for legal advice is relying on a cop. Now there are exceptions to every rule, but cops are the worst source of legal advice, especially when ti is filtered through two or three intermediaries and originally directed at the cop's family member.

Cops will think of every possible far fetched case that they have heard of and don't differentiate from a 20 year old case and a current case. Most o fthem have very little legal training or knowledge. For example, my oldest son was arrested for "custodial interference" when according to the state law it clearly did NOT apply to uncles, the law provided for the actions he took under the circumstances he was in even for a parent or grandparent and get this, he was arrested under a non existent city ordinance. He was arrested under a city ordinance adopting the state law as a city ordinance BUT there was no such city ordinance.

That kind of crap happens every day all over the nation, and yet people rely on cops for legal information! Even when you have copy of the law that is very clear and simple to show the cop or even worse the person who got legal advice from the cop that clearly and positively contradicts the cop, they will still insist that the cop is right until the prosecutor dismisses charges. I could flood the server with examples, but just take my word for it.

IF YOU HAVE ANY LEGAL CONCERNS FIND A GOOD LOCAL ATTORNEY WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THE PARTICULAR ISSUE AND GET HIS ADVICE BEFORE YOU GET IN TROUBLE OR PASS ON SOMETHING THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGAL AND SAFE BECAUSE OF FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN AND MISINFORMATION! This not my advice, it is the advice of most attorneys who would rather spend an hour of their time advising you that thousands of your dollars straightening it out later.

Heck, here in Spokane the clinics that grant the recommendatoins are spreading all kinds of "legal advice" on how to stay out of troouble and so-called requirements to run a legal grow that have absolutely NO BASIS IN THE LAW, EITHER THE STATUTE ITSELF OR EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY CASE LAW WHERE THE COURTS HAVE INTERPRETED THE LAW!

Do as you want to and believe who you want to, but I'll follow the advice of the attorney that will represent me in a court of law if I get into trouble before I'll rely on second or third hand information coming from the very people who will be the ones trying to put me away.

2dog, this is NOT directed to you personally and you are well with in your rights to ask anyone you choose for legal advice. Before you do though, review this thread and see how many of the people that even claimed to know California law agreed with any of your friend's cop's advice. Doesn't that tell you that just maybe the cop was talking crap?

Good smoking

DonJones said:
The only thing worst than relying on the forum for legal advice is relying on a cop. Now there are exceptions to every rule, but cops are the worst source of legal advice, especially when ti is filtered through two or three intermediaries and originally directed at the cop's family member.

Cops will think of every possible far fetched case that they have heard of and don't differentiate from a 20 year old case and a current case. Most o fthem have very little legal training or knowledge. For example, my oldest son was arrested for "custodial interference" when according to the state law it clearly did NOT apply to uncles, the law provided for the actions he took under the circumstances he was in even for a parent or grandparent and get this, he was arrested under a non existent city ordinance. He was arrested under a city ordinance adopting the state law as a city ordinance BUT there was no such city ordinance.

That kind of crap happens every day all over the nation, and yet people rely on cops for legal information! Even when you have copy of the law that is very clear and simple to show the cop or even worse the person who got legal advice from the cop that clearly and positively contradicts the cop, they will still insist that the cop is right until the prosecutor dismisses charges. I could flood the server with examples, but just take my word for it.

IF YOU HAVE ANY LEGAL CONCERNS FIND A GOOD LOCAL ATTORNEY WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THE PARTICULAR ISSUE AND GET HIS ADVICE BEFORE YOU GET IN TROUBLE OR PASS ON SOMETHING THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGAL AND SAFE BECAUSE OF FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN AND MISINFORMATION! This not my advice, it is the advice of most attorneys who would rather spend an hour of their time advising you that thousands of your dollars straightening it out later.

Heck, here in Spokane the clinics that grant the recommendatoins are spreading all kinds of "legal advice" on how to stay out of troouble and so-called requirements to run a legal grow that have absolutely NO BASIS IN THE LAW, EITHER THE STATUTE ITSELF OR EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY CASE LAW WHERE THE COURTS HAVE INTERPRETED THE LAW!

Do as you want to and believe who you want to, but I'll follow the advice of the attorney that will represent me in a court of law if I get into trouble before I'll rely on second or third hand information coming from the very people who will be the ones trying to put me away.

2dog, this is NOT directed to you personally and you are well with in your rights to ask anyone you choose for legal advice. Before you do though, review this thread and see how many of the people that even claimed to know California law agreed with any of your friend's cop's advice. Doesn't that tell you that just maybe the cop was talking crap?

Good smoking

i agree with this. cops do not legally interpret the law. that's not their job. their job is to "enforce" the law. going to a lawyer is definately the better route.

also, i was wrong about the CCW in Cali. My mistake. :)

lol peeps I dont know how to make it clearer..this cop does busts and gave us the info of what they look for. We have known him for years. He is being helpful. I am not asking him how many years, what will happen if charged etc. I simply asked him what they look for when deciding to send a report to the feds...end of story. something I do not need a lawyer to answer. If people dont feel comfortable saying how they would or do handle these concerns that is cool. I dont need a lawyer. I am not spending a 100$ repeating it wont make it happen. Now if anything ever does go down a lawyer i will get..In fact my BIL is a lawyer..

Thanks Mutt....sure was not what I was thinking:doh: :hitchair:

Latest posts

Back