Quick exhaust help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
I have 2 fans and want to know what the best way is to set up the exhaust. Should I do:

A. Charcoal filter> exhaust fan>air-cooled hood>exhaust fan>ducting out of room

B. Charcoal filter>exhaust fan>air-cooled hood>ducting out of room (then use the second fan I have to just suck out air by itself seperate from the filter/light)

C. What you think I should do

Thanks for the help.

9x5 room, 1000w hps, (1) 4x4 table with 12 girls

dont use one fan to suck out of the room, it will defeat the purpose of having a filter

dman1234 said:
dont use one fan to suck out of the room, it will defeat the purpose of having a filter
Sorry, Im a little confused (novice grower)- can you elaborate a little bit? Do you mean dont use 2 exhausts?

If you have one fan with carbon filter and one without, you might as well not have any since one of the fans will be exhausting unfiltered air.

I would pull air from outside the room to cool my light and then it wouldn't need a carbon filter. I would use the other fan with the carbon filter.

Fan 1: Ducting from outside room>air-cooled hood>exhaust fan>ducting out of room.

Fan 2: Ducting pulling air from floor level>charcoal filter>exhaust fan>ducting out of room.

Can you just use one fan? I am currently using a 6" fan on top of a charcoal filter ducting through the hoods and out of the room. I recently got some advise to vent air from outside, through my hoods and back out, and to use a fan on top of a charcoal filter to scrub the air. Does that sound correct. There are many ways to do it and I guess I get a little confused. Thanks

The way I am setting mine up is I have my two 600's above my table with my charcoal filter attached to the ceiling between them. I run a 6" duct off the filter through the first light, then the second light, then up through the ceiling into the attic. That way i can cool my fans and exhaust my room at the same time, and eliminating odor. I have my second inline fan pulling fresh air through a hepa filter from outside. That duct runs to the floor. Whatever you do make sure your exhaust starts at the ceiling because that is where the hot air sits.

Latest posts

Back