Quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFMc

Reaction score
How do I keep heat and himidity in a sealed room where it’s sucking air out continuously? I’ve searched for answers on this one, couldn’t find it anywhere.

stop the continuous sucking by getting something like this

425C5D42-221A-4161-A26A-0CAE140667BE.jpeg

Alright. Thanks very much. I was under the impression that exhaust fan needed to run continuously. I have an infinite timer on the way and I already incorporated a potentiometer inline for the speed of the 6” fan. Would that achieve the same as the Kronus 2? Something like 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off?

Are you growing in a tent within your sealed room? I'm growing in a 4x4 tent within a 10x10 room that I had built specifically for growing (it has a sink, RO water system, work table, etc). The exhaust fan in my 4x4 activates based on min/max temp and humidity. The exhaust fan in the 10x10 room is on 24/7. I have this humidifier inside my tent...it is a bit overkill as it can humidify a 3,600 ft space, but what I like about it is (a) the reservoir is 3.5 gallons, so I don't have to worry about checking the plants when I get up in the AM only to find that the humidifier ran out of water during the night and humidity is out of range, and (b) given its power, when I adjust the RH when lights turn on or off, it adjusts super fast.

Refer to a VPD chart for the right temp + RH at the various stages of growth, such as the one attached.

Attachments

• Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-2.jpg
    Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 8
Thanks.
I’m growing in a 5’ x 5’ x6’ tall built room with reflective insulation taped at the seams. Nothing as elaborate as yours no doubt. 6” exhaust fan to which I will have to add a coil of vent ducting to keep out the light during dark time. I will have a small heater which with a thermostat. I will have a medium sized humidifier with a preset auto shut off. And I will have a desktop fan for circulation. As stated earlier I have a speed control on the exhaust fan and an infinite timer is on the way for short on/off cycles.

my timer turns on and off according to the temperature and humidity which I can adjust manually

i just set it to something like 76 degrees and 40% humidity and just like Billy Mays said , “Set it and forget it!”

Latest posts

Back