quick watering question??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depetreono

Reaction score
ok so im only needing to water my plants about once every 5 days roughly, my question is since they are only being watered once a week should i add nutes to every feeding. they are almost a month old and should be switching to 12/12 lighting here in about a week just so you know where im at..... and im sure they will start to suck the water up faster as they get bigger but until then what should i do??
i want to here your thoughts on this and thank you in advance for any answers.:fly:

they are 12" round pots. i used ff ocean forest when i transplanted this time around and it doesnt seem to drain as well as i would like. i can see roots at bottom drainage holes already after only a week in them so i know the roots are a growin. i have a journal of my set-up i think you may have seen.

watering every 5 days i would nute every watering. if ind they suck stuff up faster when they actually need what your feeding them.

It's settled then. Every watering until they start to drink faster.

Very good question. Thanks for asking because I had the same concern!
Good info........

-DG

I have to stop getting high before I get on here. I had to edited that first one 4 times.

depetreono said:
I have to stop getting high before I get on here. I had to edited that first one 4 times.

You get a pass...... by pleading "high as a kite"....... in my book anyway..... be safe..... stay high.

I have been running a super soil and microbe tea only.
Top dressing with some high P bat guano at 2 weeks into 12/12 and nothing else but light, water, and what they can suck out of the air.

Very simple and very green.
It is hard not to do more, but getting into alfalfa and molasses tea with fungal helpers and an air stone, keeps me from the temptation to hit them with some magic and expensive concoction.

I know the cartoon about the ecology of a fungal symbiotic relationship in the root zone.

When I look at my tea at 200X I see all manner of beasts flailing about. I imagine them as sloppy eaters, feeding on one another in the root zone and spilling their guts (inter cellular sweetness) out, which the roots suck on.

I have never been able to recover from a fertilizer screw up. And I have had more than my share.

Now I only worry about the tea and the plants are free to grow.

I came to this place by reading and experimenting and have never been more confidant.

I also employ LST and pruning to keep the plants short and low and canopy depth thin, so it's not like I'm entirely hands off.

I was ganna look into super soils when I get a larger setup. Sub has a really good sticky on it. I stay 100% organic so nite burn is less of an issue but I like to ask before jumping in so I don't ruin months of hard work.

If you find there's a nute burn after feeding every time, back off the dosage a bit.

I can't remember does nute burn start from the bottom leaves and up or uniformly all over?

From what I have seen, it affects most of the larger leaves first throughout the plant, but if allowed to go unchecked it will even affect the smaller and younger leaves. It usually starts as the very tips of the leaves turning yellow and quickly brown, almost at the same time(depending on the plant and the severity of the burn).

Thank you. I just want to spot early signs so I can reduce damage as much as possible.

Latest posts

Back