Raising Temps in Growroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
While most people are trying to lower temps....:hubba:

So its been a few weeks and the new grow has stabilized... The temps remain at 72 F pretty consistently. This is in the optimal range however it seemed my growth has slowed a little...

I raised my temps up to 77-78 for the last two days and they seem happy with it....

Is 77 too high?

I read somewhere that you want the roots at 74.something, and then nothing else really matters as long as the tops dont burn.
puff

edit: I really dont see the difference between 72 and 77 matering much, but I dont know squat, so.....

well i had it at 80 originaly and I can honestly say i noticed a difference in growth between 80 and 72... closer to 80 seems optimal...For my grow anyway

get a stronger Lamp. like 1000w with no hood.

man you need HOOD, and GLASS to cover the hood, one drop of water or sweat anything wet, touchin that blub, ouch u will be pissed.. add some A/C flows to hood path, decent hood will be nice.. or deliver a/c flows to the grow room be careful if u do not have hood, watch out when you use water sprayer good luck.

why a stronger lamp?

I have a Lumetek 600watt HPS/MH with electronic ballast and Sunleaves Air Cooled hood with lens...My 600 provides more light than a 1000....Im also already about 6K lumens/sq

isnt that good enough?

It will raise your temps greatly is what they are saying.

Your 600 is great, but a 1000 puts off more heat.

Maybe just grab another 600, :).

But yeah, I do not have glass around my 1000, just turn the fans off and mist carefully, :). You don't even need to mist.

i have a 400 watt lumatek with the sunleaves 6 with the glass lens.couldn't run it without being vented.still gets to 84-85 degrees in it at the peak of the heat.i am going to get a portable ac unit to hook up just to my grow tents.i'm using the central ac,but it kicks on and off.not good enough to keep it cool.thats the only option i have.get the portable ac.good luck with the 1000 w

Latest posts

Back