Random Q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyDays

Reaction score
If a plant turns out to be male does that mean you did something wrong? And can you use male trimmings to make hash?

Questions I will no one needed to ask :(

LazyDays said:
If a plant turns out to be male does that mean you did something wrong? And can you use male trimmings to make hash?

Questions I will no one needed to ask :(
Nope if it's male it's male. That doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Yes you can use it and make some hash oil.

Ok. Thanks TBG it was so hard to cut these guys up...sucks when your whole crop turns out to be male :( :( .

If your whole crop was male it could have been stress of some sort. I have never had even 75% male so I would IMO say that they where stressed in some way possibly, and then again it could have just been a fluke? Also IMO as I have never made any oil from male clippings, I would tend to say the smoking of males does absolutly nothing for me unless they are super frosty elite males? Let me know how the male oil turns out:confused: Take care and better luck next time bro, 55

Thanks man...ya I thought it could have been stress. I don't know what I did though that would cause all of them to be male. Oh well always next time. Any one know if you could turn a male hermi? I mean I know you can turn a female hermi...does it work both ways?

Stress doesn't cause males, stress causes hermies.

If you have male plants it's because they were simply male genes, nothin you can do about it except chuck em or cut em up for oil.

However, if you have males and females in the same grow, the males will pollinate the females causing the females to herm. In this situation, if you have males in a grow with females, get rid of the males ASAP so they don't ruin your femmies.

Insane said:
Stress doesn't cause males, stress causes hermies.

If you have male plants it's because they were simply male genes, nothin you can do about it except chuck em or cut em up for oil.

However, if you have males and females in the same grow, the males will pollinate the females causing the females to herm. In this situation, if you have males in a grow with females, get rid of the males ASAP so they don't ruin your femmies.

The male female ratio is def. way higher with cooler temps and happy plants. Male female ratio is most def. decided in veg. Do you think a seed is male or female from seed? Stress will cause hermis as well! Peace, 55
www.planetganja.com/highsociety/showthread.php?t=7751&highlight=females

I've had grows where during the veg dark cycle it got very cold (as low as 57 F if I recall correctly) and still had a high ratio of female plants once flowering started.

This has led me to believe that the sex of the plant is based on the genes, so yes, I suppose I would say I think there are female and male seeds. However there is no way to tell the difference until those seeds become plants and you put those plants into flowering.

Edited last post with a cool link. Were always learning! 55

Hey 55, sorry bud but I'm not interested in reading other forums or other people's opinions on the topic. I was simply speaking from my experience, and I'm sure if you look you will find research and/or opinions that will back up either case.

That being said, when people do research things like this, they are doing their research with a conclusion in mind, and they will more often than not find a way to reach that specific conclusion. Know what I mean? I'm not trying to sound like a know it all by any means, because I'll be the first to tell you, I don't, not even close!

When sifting through all the information we could by related to MJ growing, we must take everything with a grain of salt, and always carefully consider the source.

I must agree bro the post basically told me we were both right, but as said take most things with a grain of salt, I just like to read posts what ever be the site to learn things. And just like you said and I have already written in some of my posts here, I'm no pro! : ) Most of what i say is IMO.. We can agree to dissagree: )
Take care, 55

You're right, we can agree to disagree. lol ;)

I'm a firm believer than the male/female ratio has more to do with strain genetics and thus the genetics contained within each seed.

But you are right in the sense that without a good grow and optimum growing factors (light, heat, humidity) MJ plants will not reach their God given potential. Male or female, you still need a good grow and need to know what you're doing to even get to the point of sexing the plants.

I always like a good debate. :)

yeah man, i think i`d go with it being in the genetics that decides gender.
Any stress thrown at the plants during growth will just get you hermies.
but then again,i don`t know everything either.Not everything,but most stuff,lol.
this is the first grow for me where i "think" i know what i`m doing,as the last two went disasterish.So far i`m running at a 95% germ n` sprout the surface rate, so i`m well happy.
Happy Growing ;) :48: :fly: :fly:

Well thank you guys for all of the input...didn't realize I would start a debate. :confused: So what you guys are saying is...better luck next time. gotcha.

Latest posts

Back