Re: Hemp oil with and without THC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancer_survivor

Reaction score
Hi: I'm in a state where marijuana is not legal; a year ago I had surgery for ovarian cancer, Stage 1A. Apparently I'm okay now, but I had four chemos and subsequently developed degenerative osteoarthritis; I'm in a lot of pain, and not able to stand up straight or walk without a cane.

I'm currently taking the legal hemp oil, readily available because it doesn't have any active psychotrophic properties (i.e., no THC), but I want to move somewhere where I can get medical marijuana, specifically hemp oil with THC. But moving is going to be difficult, given my current health.

Does anyone know:
  1. Is the hemp oil *with* THC readily available at med mj dispensaries (specially, in Colorado); and
  2. Is the medical effectiveness of hemp oil without THC as good as *with* THC?
Thanks in advance,
Cancer_Survivor

i feel that oil without thc wouldnt be as effective because bcd which is also another main chemical found in mj isnt as effective without thc. sooo i think u should get it with thc for full healing effects.

and hemp oil with thc is usually at a dispensaries along with cookies, and cakes an lots of other goodies to help you out :)

I am glad you are alive and I am sorry for the osteo.

I live in washington and can only speak for us, yes, the hemp oil w/thc is available in the dispensaries.

I don't know the answer to your second question. I have no idea.

Have you tried water therapy for exercise? It helps, but cannabis would be very helpful for you. Good luck. Again, i am glad you are a survivor. Hang in there and get some good meds.

Thank you for all your quick responses. I'm sitting here crying like a big baby. And then I'm reading other posts and seeing how many other people have osteoarthritis.

I'm going to have to move to Colorado. It's not going to be easy, me and a UHaul and my cat -- and Denver is so expensive. But I'm an old hippie, and I know for a fact that weed will help me feel good again, it's just not safe in the state I'm in now and I don't want to risk imprisonment, which as a teacher would be a disaster for me, as it is for anyone who is unfairly imprisoned for something which is actually good for you.

Thanks so much....

I am sending you the very best of luck and big hugs for your huge move. Keep us posted. Stay well.

np always here to help when needed :) and keep your head up colorado is beautiful place, clean air, and some of the skunkiest nugs<3:icon_smile:

I don't know where you live, but many states have taken a very liberal attitude towards marijuana and are making it a very low priority crime. If you are careful, you may be able to have someone make it for you and not move. Even "small moves" cost thousands. And before I made a huge move, you might want to make sure that it actually will help you--every person is different. I have been growing for over 30 years off and on, but steadily since 1998. I have never even had a close call because I am careful and don't let others know I grow.

You also may find that even if you move to a state that has legal mmj that if you want to continue teaching you may be drug tested. Even though mmj is legal in a number of states, you can still be fired for using it.

Good luck to you regardless of what you do.

lovedenugs said:
np always here to help when needed :) and keep your head up colorado is beautiful place, clean air, and some of the skunkiest nugs<3:icon_smile:

Yeah, I have a number of Colorado dispensaries on my Facebook page. Really amazing stuff they have there, around $150/ounce which seems reasonable to me. Rents are high but I'm sure I can find something.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't know where you live, but many states have taken a very liberal attitude towards marijuana and are making it a very low priority crime. If you are careful, you may be able to have someone make it for you and not move. Even "small moves" cost thousands. And before I made a huge move, you might want to make sure that it actually will help you--every person is different. I have been growing for over 30 years off and on, but steadily since 1998. I have never even had a close call because I am careful and don't let others know I grow.

You also may find that even if you move to a state that has legal mmj that if you want to continue teaching you may be drug tested. Even though mmj is legal in a number of states, you can still be fired for using it.

Good luck to you regardless of what you do.

I'm actually retired from teaching and give music lessons in my home, so I'm okay. But I'm in Texas, so you know...they'll put you in prison for a roach in Texas.

Latest posts

Back