Re-using soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenspyz7

Reaction score
Has anyone reused their soil? I've heard from a few people on these forums that they just add worm castings and a little perlite to their old soil mix it up and mist it and keep it covered for a few days. Has anyone done this or something similiar and have achieved the same results?

well i find it kinda hard to reuse my soil considering its just a big lump of roots,, im sure you could shake some soil out but youll never get it all back,, and no it wouldnt hurt anything,, i dont se why not. good luck

Nature doesn't throw away soil every time something grows in it, neither do I. I use no nutes at the end of my grow,I just use water so there isn't any buildup in the soil. Then for the next grow I mix old soil with new and add some amenities. Like walter said just knock as much soil off the rootball as you can and use it.

I reuse old soils but I compost old kitchen scraps and add to it I also compost all the trimmings from my grows and add that as well. Plus add other things the plants like as of now I have a 55 gallon drum full of FFOF soil that I am reworking to use for next falls indoor growing...take care..

I reuse my soil. I started with MG moisture control (I know, it was all I could get for my first). I just take all my roots out when I harvest, let it dry real good, then cut the used potting soil with some fresh topsoil, some of my homeade compost, some perlite and wormcastings. I guess when I add all that stuff in I actually end up with about 50/50 old potting soil to new additives, but it is reusing my old soil.

Latest posts

Back