Recreational use MJ documentary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastritez

Reaction score
So I was given some information that one of our national television broadcasters was looking for some recreational users to film as part of a pro-mj documentary. I sent off an email, and got called by one of the programes research staff, after quite a lengthy conversation she was very interested in getting me onto the programme. They have one slot left, and she will be asking her director if I can fill it, aparently I am exactly the type of eloquent user they are looking for, I have been called many things in my life, not sure eloquent has been one of them though!

Need to wait for the call back, but I am quite looking forward to taking part. Will keep you all posted!

that sounds really interesting. Of course the main worry would be if it was legit or if they just wanted to catch a heavy user or something. if its genuine then yea sounds good. Do you know what channels in what countries it might be aired?

Awesome. I hope they cover the gambit of users, from the pothead living in his moms basement to the hard working responsible industrious worker who occasionally enjoys getting high. Good luck on getting on the show if that is something you want!

That's pretty cool man. Good luck, let us know how it is going.

its going to be filmed by horizons from the BBC, and should be aired about the same time that mj is reclassified to a class b drug in this country. Once it's been aired it should also be available on the BBC i-player service for a while afterwards, will post more details when I know for sure.

I believe it's legit, the history of the programme makers is sound, they where interested in people currently running grow ops as well as recreational only users. However, they where told that the information they gathered could be collected by police about the grow ops, and they would be bound by law to hand that info over, since they didn't want to do this, they changed the way the programme works, they will interview recreational users only as the police are not bothered so much about users, so to get their grow op info they went to the hemp expo a week or so ago and spoke to people there, so they didn't have any personal information the police could demand from them.

The main problem we have is as a community we talk only amongst ourselves generally, because its illegal obviously, and while this remains the case the general public only really has the governments propaganda to draw information from, most people won't go hunting for information if they don't realise they have too. We currently have about 3 million people in the UK that use cannabis, if all 3 million people stood up united they couldn't do a thing about it, as the campaign literature says 'will you arrest us all, home secretary?'

cadlakmike1 said:
Awesome. I hope they cover the gambit of users, from the pothead living in his moms basement to the hard working responsible industrious worker who occasionally enjoys getting high. Good luck on getting on the show if that is something you want!

Been there, done that. When you live in your mom's basement, you NEED to get high....

Lastritez said:
So I was given some information that one of our national television broadcasters was looking for some recreational users to film as part of a pro-mj documentary. I sent off an email, and got called by one of the programes research staff, after quite a lengthy conversation she was very interested in getting me onto the programme. They have one slot left, and she will be asking her director if I can fill it, aparently I am exactly the type of eloquent user they are looking for, I have been called many things in my life, not sure eloquent has been one of them though!

Need to wait for the call back, but I am quite looking forward to taking part. Will keep you all posted!
you gonna give a shout-out to all your pals at MP ??? that would be neat...good luck, hope you get it

Hey PM, I wasn't going to mention MP directly, maybe mention about the existance of grow forums in general, if I go into specifics it might draw unwarranted attention to this site and its members, and I don't want to be responibile for a load of people getting busted. The film team are not really speaking to me as a grower, but as a user, if they have any info on record about my growing then they can be forced by the police to hand that information over, which is seriously not cool.

However, if the admins believe its OK, I might be able to slip MP into the convo as an example of grow sites, but its up to them really, I don't mind taking a few small risks with my own security if it helps the MJ community move closer to legalisation, but I don't want to risk other peoples.

I think mentioning mp would be cool but i would mix it in with some other sites. I personally wouldnt be like "Oh man there is this site called MP that is great everything you could think to ask will be answered by people with the time and experience under their belts!"
I mean we all know its true but that could be drawing way to much attention, and as smokers and growers we all know that attention can be a bad thing.
But that is kind of a paradox. As a community of pot smokers we should be trying to draw attention to our cause in hopes to some day be free to enjoy, but on the other hand nobody wants to be looking out bars from the wrong side.
Ok now im starting to ramble.... se this is what happens when i have nothing to smoke.

Yep sounds pretty cool. Do let us knwo when that will be aired - as Horizon is a good program. The bbc did one a while back about a lady that went over to Amsterdam to investigate the effects of mj on herself. It was really really good. I think its utter bull and so sad that they gonna reclass MJ. I mean I find it even offensive that they can compare our beloved plant to other drugs in that class!

thats sick but ide prefer u wouldnt even mention these sites

just my $0.02

jd you been on here a long time, how come you haven't posted much?

Thorn said:
jd you been on here a long time, how come you haven't posted much?

yea i was lurking for a while.i had a grow setup back then and scrapped it now im seriously in the process of starting another one and im almost done! but yea i really like this place and cant wait to start up my grow journal soon

sweet. Looking forward to seeing your setup and grow journal. I've learn so much from this site, its unreal. I can't really grow where I am right now, but I loved it so much on my first try that I just had to set up a micro grow and keep that first hand experience and knowledge coming in ;)

84VW said:
probably to busy working on his cars...

yup my red 1991 nissan 240sx i have parked here were i live in florida

whats the deal sneaky guy know my mothers maiden name and social security number also?

Hello Jd :)

jdmnismo300 said:
k first of all is this site based out of canada or the us? lol

but yea in the us they got honda fits (its what im looking into) my turbocharged nissan 240sx is killin me (only takes premium)

You typed it in march 2007 :rofl:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Jd :)

You typed it in march 2007 :rofl:

my point exactly lol *** is he doing reading what i posted in march?

stalkin me n chet

hes probably after my luscious thighs O_O

Latest posts

Back