? regarding Homebox setups...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

225smokestack

For my next grow,I am really looking into buying a Homebox S. Everything I have read about these things have been good. But I would like some more opinions on it and I have a few questions. With the Homebox S, what wattage of bulb would be best for this size? 250w or 400w? The size of the box is like 2.5' x 2.5' x 5'.

I was looking at one of these Sunleaves Pulsar Two-Way Mini systems. Does anyone have any idea how these are?

hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=336&navid=41 (xx with tt)

One more question. I know ventilation is very important, so I want to make sure I have that set up correctly. Are these something I should be looking for or something besides these?

hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=560&navid=29

Thanks in advance. This site has been great and very helpful! I have learned so much already.

I use the Homebox XS (can't wait for more space!) and use 400W. Look at any of my signature links to see it set up :)

Hope that helps! :bong:

6sq ft of canopy room, the 250 would be adequate, However IF you have the ventilation and heat control down, I would get the 400.

So you're gonna go ahead and buy a grow-box eh? I suppose if you're cool with dropping all that cash for something you could do yourself....

99.99 for a little fan like that? I have 3 PC fans that cost all of 20 bucks (for 3) that pushout almost as much air as the mid range unit. Probably quiter too.

Crazy crazy, to each his own though

Like you can see in my journal I have a XS for my mom and a XL for my main area. I have a 1000w digital system BUT a 600 would have sufficed. The XS, I have a T5 HO setup coming from HTG, I am just going to put my mom in there when the club I go to gets their clones in - I called today and they said the beginning of Feb :)

With the S I think a 400 would be the best if you can get it, the more light the better IMO. You will like the Homebox I really like mine tho if I had a xtra room then I would just build a space, and for sure when we buy our house then I will build a room but, since we rent a HB is the best choice, specially for a tent :hubba:

Keep us posted :D

Trent45 said:
So you're gonna go ahead and buy a grow-box eh? I suppose if you're cool with dropping all that cash for something you could do yourself....

99.99 for a little fan like that? I have 3 PC fans that cost all of 20 bucks (for 3) that pushout almost as much air as the mid range unit. Probably quiter too.

Crazy crazy, to each his own though

well, i never said i was getting one for sure, just think it could be best for me since i rent, and will be renting for a while. :) when i get my own house, i def plan on building my own room.

and about the fans, i have no clue. i saw those and thought thats what everyone used? how do you go about hooking up computer fans?

Well I only said that because I mentioned in another thread you had that you could easily build something out of a ward-drobe (I have one) for cheap.

I bought a 75 dollar white wardrobe. Hooked up the CPU fans to a DC power cord. (There is a thread for assembling these in the DIY forum) Did a little sealing with some Mono and some weather stripping, but a latch to hold the door closed and there you go.

well how about these axial fans? seems small, and like a PC fan haha.

hxxp://www.progressive-growth.com/proddetail.php?prod=15025

Trent45 said:
Well I only said that because I mentioned in another thread you had that you could easily build something out of a ward-drobe (I have one) for cheap.

I bought a 75 dollar white wardrobe. Hooked up the CPU fans to a DC power cord. (There is a thread for assembling these in the DIY forum) Did a little sealing with some Mono and some weather stripping, but a latch to hold the door closed and there you go.

Thanks! I will def look at that thread. Seems pretty simple to me. Ive done minimal electrical work for a few years, so I am sure I could figure it out. :)

If you can match up red and black, you're good to go my friend. Hahaha....

To set up a pc fan u jus need a phone charger nd wire strippers, on the pc fan there will b a red, black nd yellow wire, u won't need the yellow wire so jus tape it to the side or sumthin, cut the plug that plugs in to the phone off nd carefully strip the wire (I say carefully bcuz 1 of the wires has a white band around it) the wire with a white band is ur negative and should be connected 2 the red wire on your fan and obviously the black wire on ur fan is connected 2 the other lose wire on the charger, tape it up with electrical tape so neither wire can touch.. Simple. Bein a computer tech did have advantages after all ;)

To set up a pc fan u jus need a phone charger nd wire strippers, on the pc fan there will b a red, black nd yellow wire, u won't need the yellow wire so jus tape it to the side or sumthin, cut the plug that plugs in to the phone off nd carefully strip the wire (I say carefully bcuz 1 of the wires has a white band around it) the wire with a white band is ur negative and should be connected 2 the red wire on your fan and obviously the black wire on ur fan is connected 2 the other lose wire on the charger, tape it up with electrical tape so neither wire can touch.. Simple. Bein a computer tech did have advantages after all ;)

i also use the homebox tents.when i get to where i know i will be for some time,i will get rid of the tents.its a preference thing.i will build me grow rooms that i can dis-mantle and take with me if needed.
i ran 400 watters in my tent.on the end of my last grow i did throw a 1000 watter in the flower tent.with what blowers i had,there was no heat issues.
i do not personally like the tents as its hard to get to your plants.

I have a grow box that is 2x2x 40inches. I am using a 400w digital greenhouse light, Euro Reflector, 4in can fan and carbon scrubber. My temps stay 5-10 degrees over ambient. Example....Light came on at midnight last night. Its 8:39 right now so the've been on for 8hours so far. The ambient temp is 68 degrees and inside the box its 75.7. I think if you got a 6in fan you might be able to cool a 600! Dont buy flourecents you have enough room for a real light

I dont recomend pc fans either. Ive been there I have used them. But they just dont have the static presure you need. You will be wasteing your money trust me. If I had just bought the right stuff the first time instead of waiting and saveing I woud have saved so much money all the stupid stuff that i dont use. Like the 150w cfls i have and all the 42w cfls I bought, computer fans, dressor cabnets I thought i could convert to a grow box. Honestly just buy a good light fan combo from like htgsupply.com get you a grow tent. and be done with it.

If you know what you're doing, a abinet and PC fans work prefectly and are cost effective. I dunno what you mean, but as long as you have two PC fans in the top two corneres you won't have any heaqt problems, or money problems.

I have a 5ft high, by about 3 2ide by 2ft deep and CPU fans work perfect for this area, why g get a high CFM fan for a grow box?

DIY grow boxes are good stuff man, if you don't have the money, room, or the privacy to use these tent then go ahead, but my grow box is producing plants that great quality. Nough said.

Exarmy said:
Honestly just buy a good light fan combo from like htgsupply.com get you a grow tent. and be done with it.

When you say a fan/light combo... do you mean a Complete Grow Kit, from HTG? Or are you just saying get a tent, and then get a fan and be done with it? Sorry, for all the questions haha.

I bought the 400w digital greenhouse ballast, euro reflector and there 4in can fan kit. I think the light was $160 with reflector. I really like htg they have great customer service and have good prces. If you watch ebay you can find you a grow ten for less than a hundred bucks.

I understand all in all im talking about spending 300-500 bucks. But youll have a nice setup and it will workin the end.

I have a Homebox S + 400w lumatek, cooltube, ~16x8" carbon filter, and a 6" S&P fan for exhaust and a 4" S&P for intake and my temps are around 75* at canopy with lights ~10" away. Ambient temp is around 68-70*.

Latest posts

Back