Regeneration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokewun

Pothead
Reaction score
How many times can I regenerate 1 plant?
Will it lose potency each harvest?:afroweed:​

im not sure but i think it stresses a plant each time you harvest it so i would think you couldnt do it over and over, i think thats what clones are for

you can rejuvinate as many times as you want, only one main rule...everytime you harvest, you need a container twice as big as the first for a full grow. it dont stress them out that much...takes just a few days for new growth. need any help just shout, i've been doing it for years.

talk to Puffin in the shout box or pm him about it, he has a grow journal whos on generation 5. Hey say's it has gotten more potent as the gen's go on. I dont see how this can physically happen, but im sure Puffin aint no lair.
Thats not what clones are for, I think clones are so you can have a fatty grow and not have to sex a bazillion seeds, possibly pollinating the grow, if the males arnt found in time. This is the reason for a clone, for me. Why not try to grow from seed, bigger yeild, better dank. If you can.

I have clones but i wanna reduce the number of girls i house at one time. When i think about regenerating, why would it lose pontency?
What about an outside plant harvested several times?

Smokewun said:
How many times can I regenerate 1 plant?

Will it lose potency each harvest?:afroweed:​

I know of folks who have their plants for more than 10 yrs.

I never noticed the potency loss, in fact SnowWhite got better each of 4 so far. There are many variables here, including a longer flower cycle in last 2 generations, temp and co2. It's not fair to conclude that she will always get better, however those I know who regenerate, have not seen this problem at all.:cool:

maybe i've just lucky, but i find it soooo much easier to deal with rejvied ladies. i think potency might get better also, i DO know if you tend to her right, your yield will get LARGER. i haven't done any in hydro, but am thinking about doing it just because...

i've been able to re-harvest a single plant for almost a year now (will be in april). i noticed the high doesnt last as long as it did the first time i harvested it. but every harvest the bud has a better taste and gets me higher. it does stress a lot though. after harvest i put the plant back into 24 hours of light for 3 weeks. it will look like its about to die for a couple of days, but it springs back to life in no time.

Golden Hybrid said:
i've been able to re-harvest a single plant for almost a year now (will be in april). i noticed the high doesnt last as long as it did the first time i harvested it. but every harvest the bud has a better taste and gets me higher. it does stress a lot though. after harvest i put the plant back into 24 hours of light for 3 weeks. it will look like its about to die for a couple of days, but it springs back to life in no time.

:hubba: a commonality of all the folks I know, who have regenerated a plant several times and then concluded the potency was dropping, every one of em smoked it alot, and could have possibly gotten a bit used to that buzz. when I felt that way, I gave a couple bongs to a buddy and was thus reconvinced of the potency.:doh:

guys what if i keept the plant on 12/12 after i harvest would it start to produce new buds again? i mean whats the point to re-veg? as long as the plant is tall and mature enough why shouldnt i keep it on 12/12 to start new buds right over??

octobong007 said:
you can rejuvinate as many times as you want, only one main rule...everytime you harvest, you need a container twice as big as the first for a full grow. it dont stress them out that much...takes just a few days for new growth. need any help just shout, i've been doing it for years.

:cool: I never change containers, but I use hydro and it isnt necessary. I would think soil regeneration would be more difficult due to roots getting bound by container and for me, soil was harder to keep nutes levels the same.

red_ss said:
guys what if i keept the plant on 12/12 after i harvest would it start to produce new buds again? i mean whats the point to re-veg? as long as the plant is tall and mature enough why shouldnt i keep it on 12/12 to start new buds right over??

:D try it, you wont like it. buds will finish and your plant will die :( IF you dont reveg.

you need to give it at least 2-3 weeks (depending upon your lights and space) of 24/0 until new growth appears and then flip the lights back to 12/12 for another flower cycle.

BTW, today is a good day to induce flowering, moon goes into gemini. I will be flipping to 12/12 on SnowWhite today. She went 21 days on 24/0.

rejuvination in soil you HAVE to change containers, them roots are bound up big time. if the container aint upgraded, your growth will be stunted...now i have seen that some people cut their roots...thats toooo dangerous for me, wifey just said she's trying the root cutting sometime. i do want to try a dwc and reveging, i think it would come out grreeeaaat.
and puffin is right on the money, when you harvest, let her be thirsty for a day...give her a massive flush and hammer her with veg nutes...lite goes to 24/0 or at the least 18/6...NEVER 12/12 after harvest. also, remember when you harvested, you basically just topped her out big time, so expect at least 4 main stems coming back...veg for as long as you want...i usually "try" to go a few weeks and she'll become a MONSTER. we prefer revegitated bud over fresh crop...just an opinion tho.
puffin, we'll be talkin alot once i get ready for my dwc experiments...i just want to find the smallest container i can use, lack of space under the sunlight ya know.

Latest posts

Back