resivor temp??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8xjagerxbongxtoker

Reaction score
its been a while since ive been on finly got a brand new laptop. so i had a question what should the water temperature range be in my 10gal resivor? where i live its pretty cold out. so i orderd a 100w water warmer for my resivor. would the warmer help?

They sure are nice and white at that temp? ain't they nouvellechef

Ppl Pm'd me and said it was dumb to spend $300 on a chiller. IMO, It just might be the most solid thing I have bought for the new E&F when it fires up.

I just quit for the summer when temps get to high, but sure would be nice to have a chiller. Was thinking of maybe making one and using river water to cool the rez instead of electric chiller. I have access to river water

Wow, thats talent making a chiller. I luv it. I used to use straight river water outdoors and had no ill effects, it was prob around 50 or so when it hit the ground, am sure it warmed up quick from the ground though.

nouvellechef said:
Wow, thats talent making a chiller. I luv it. I used to use straight river water outdoors and had no ill effects, it was prob around 50 or so when it hit the ground, am sure it warmed up quick from the ground though.

im gathering your res is in the room with yas??:confused:
mine stays nice an chilly... never have i had it in the mid 70's.. always in the 60-70's... but my res is also ouside my tent and in the basement.. nice and chilly..
i'll have my boys throw ice cubes in there if she gets to warm.. give em a big wooden spoon.. LOL:rofl: :rofl: LOL just jokin.... or am i hehehe...
whens the EBB starting up again??
LH

House is behind schedule cause of rain, great NW for ya. at least it smells good outside :)

Be awhile before it rolls. Not in a hurry after last harvest. way more than I or the Family thought.

Everything will be sealed in room, all equipment.

str8 you can start with raisig the res from the floor place it on wood or styro board. if you can insulate it it's even better, the res heater would consume much less power if res in insulated. if your flood and drain make sure the heater stays below water level when your flooding since it breaks if it stays on in the air. i have much more trouble lowering my temps than raising them, i will look for a chiller this coming summer ;)

actually i was thinking of a way to chill my res without a chiller please tell me what you think of it, i have this airpump it works great can easily pump out from 10 airstones and it have a hose intlet from where it sucks air and i was thinking of putting a hose there and letting it suck out air from my fridge! :D do you think that would work?

zem said:
actually i was thinking of a way to chill my res without a chiller please tell me what you think of it, i have this airpump it works great can easily pump out from 10 airstones and it have a hose intlet from where it sucks air and i was thinking of putting a hose there and letting it suck out air from my fridge! :D do you think that would work?

IDK, how about just spend $300 on a chiller. Set it and forget it, you know, like Ronco.

zem said:

zem.... What I was thinking of was pumping river water, through a coil of pipe that is placed inside the rez. I have access to river water that is in the 60's during most summers...I do not really think your idea will work because air warms up quite quickly compared to liquids or solids.

Has anyone tried the ICE-Probe aquarium chiller?

Latest posts

Back