retired, need a hobby, tired of buying bad weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
Hey,
I have been smoking weed since 1976. I have spent a lot of money on bad weed, and some on some pretty good product. It has occured to me lately, as a retired person with an income, that it would would be a good idea me to grow my own damn pot. I have set up a small room, (ON MY BOAT) to put enough lumins in there to veg, and have planted nine peat pots with seeds bought from Canada off the internet. I am waiting for them to sprout. I have learned that the strain I bought (Poison Mighty Might) takes up to two weeks to germinate. So I wait. I made my own soil. I used some bat guano. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. I don't think I really need much advice. I can read, and there is so much good advice in here. I just want to say hello, and thank God this place exists.

Hey Hemper, if you need a hobby this is it. Welcome, these folks will have you growing such good smoke you will never look back to those bad bag weed years. This is fun, consuming, enriching, etc. enjoy.

Welcome to MP bro....everything you need to grow your own weed knowledge wise is right here. Just apply yourself and read as many stickies as you can. To many newbies crash and burn by trying to do too much their very first grow imo. Keep It Simple....especially for your first grow. You need to become skilled at the basics. Stay away from soils with nutrients already in them. As MJ growers we like to have complete control over many factors and nutrients is one of those things.

Start here if you hve not already done so>>>http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

hello Hemper welcome aboard---sounds like you got the bug---let the good times roll---:48:

HemperFi said:
Hey,
.... I don't think I really need much advice. I can read, and there is so much good advice in here. I just want to say hello, and thank God this place exists.

Welcome to MP, but don't be afraid to ask for advise. There really is a HUGE learning curve to this hobby. I have been growing off and on for over 30 years and have had a garden going continually for about the last 12 years. I still learn new stuff all the time.

Your at the right place to learn. Boat setup, nice. There is one book I bought, you can order from amazon.com or any other seller. It's helped me alot since this is a subject that is Taboo where I live. It's called "MARIJUANA Horticulture- The Indoor/Outdoor MEDICAL Growers Bible" by Jorge Cervantes. Im getting older and it helps me remember the basics, lol.
Good Growing To You.

I am not too impressed with Jorge. IMO, all the info you need is right at your fingertips online. I am sure that there are many right here who have as much or more growing experience as most of those writing books--Jorge, Ed, Greg, etc. About the only book I recommend is Clarke's Marijuana Botany.

I agree with THG....Jorge is kind of a joke IMO. The two books I reference more then anything else is Clarkes marijuana botany and the MJ Garden Saver.

There is a book called chronic masterbation, balloon puppetry and you!...Hick tell us where to get it now!

Hamster Lewis said:
I agree with THG....Jorge is kind of a joke IMO. The two books I reference more then anything else is Clarkes marijuana botany and the MJ Garden Saver.

awww he's ok.....give a meskin a chance.....oh wait he is a kinda a joke!:rolleyes:

The best way to learn to grow pot....... is to grow pot........ practice makes perfect:D
:48:

Jezzz, I havnt got slammed so hard for giving alittle know how. It seems as though my advice was wrong. I'm really Sorry to have offended so many. Most were nice but there is one or two I would Love to meet. Ill leave the advice to the Expert.

Medic, I liked that book when I read it. It was my first. Little did I know there was this group here that was like a living library. Your not alone in your fondness for the book. The reviews I read were glowing. I don't need it anymore since I got.....these guys.

Medic1 said:
Jezzz, I havnt got slammed so hard for giving alittle know how. It seems as though my advice was wrong. I'm really Sorry to have offended so many. Most were nice but there is one or two I would Love to meet. Ill leave the advice to the Expert.

Please don't take it that way. We really didn't mean to gang up on you or anything and you offended no one. I have a good buddy with the same book. I have just read so much in there that I believe is not quite right that I cannot recommend it. And with online resources, I am not sure that a book (which is just one person's opinion) has any benefit over growing forums like this one.

Here take a hit of this and pass it on :48:

No ones offended brother! As for the flamers......ignore button! There are alot of books. Jorge is a talented grower! But um....didn't read a book fer my knowledge....just read here! Let us know how we can help ya!

Latest posts

Back