River water - ok to take and use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4u2sm0ke said:
I dont Believe Thorn was asking about droping a sump pump in..:rofl: are we reading too much into what i type?

I don't think so..
BUT.. I wouldn't think that anyone would spite you of a few bottles of water, even buckets...
those laws are primarily in respect to 'large' volumes of water. Irrigation or other commercial uses

I use water from a creek or spring myself.. ;)

ruddy internet!

Thanks for all the input everyone, Yeah I'mfine thanks :D

The river is mainly fast moving and pretty wide, lots of fish - been trying to teach myself how to fish, not caught owt yet lol

I have been using the water for over 2 months now on my pepper/chilli plants, sunflowers, herbs and money plants and they are thriving. Not tested the water yet though but have been using it on my little ryder mint.

To be honest its the best I've got...I can either use this, boil tap water or buy mineral water. Once I set up my tent properly I'll test it - although the only test I have is a minimal soil/water ph test lol and will see how we go until I can afford something different.

Man its water, unless its brown, pink, or smells like a corpse its going to be fine. You all worry WAY to much. Also you can drink from some streams no problem, hell some of the water you spend so much money on gets bottled right outta the ground, no pasturization nothing. If its comming out of a rock face you should be good to go if you want to drink it. Its funny when city people pretend to know things about the country.

To answer your question yeah that water should be good to use on your plants, unless you have someone within 5 km of you poisoning it.

Also little river knowledge test for you all. How far does water have to travel on average through a marsh type river before it is considered clean again?

Tater said:
Also little river knowledge test for you all. How far does water have to travel on average through a marsh type river before it is considered clean again?

Thanks Tater. Hmm I don't know but maybe quite some way?

I stayed at a place once that had a septic system that ran to a sprinkler system for the yard. I put a bucket under a nozzle and collected water for a outdoor grow I did when I was younger. Well after 2 weeks it was right under a foot and bushy bushy. Didn't get to smoke any glad now I didn't everybody was kind of weary of it because of the**** water. N-E-Way My mother found out and poured a gal of bleach down the toilet.

Tater said:
Its depends on alot of factors. A marsh swamp moves slow depending on current and what it is running across it. What is being dumped into the swamp river stream or lake. Traveling over rocks 30-50ft. But in the marsh(muddy) depending on all the tree stumps it has to pass through the water is moving pretty slow at least a mile

take it from the rivers in MONTANA....dont take it from someones private creek....people get shot at

4u2sm0ke said:
you should be fine Thorn...maybe run a ph test on it..other then that maybe comes from natural spring....and its leagle to take river water..well here in the usa it is..take care and be safe girl

Not where i live. In Washington you can't poke yer toes in a river without having paid for yearly 'ditch rights'.

Tater said:
Man its water, unless its brown, pink, or smells like a corpse its going to be fine. You all worry WAY to much. Also you can drink from some streams no problem, hell some of the water you spend so much money on gets bottled right outta the ground, no pasturization nothing. If its comming out of a rock face you should be good to go if you want to drink it. Its funny when city people pretend to know things about the country.

To answer your question yeah that water should be good to use on your plants, unless you have someone within 5 km of you poisoning it.

I would think that if it had a corpse floating in it that it might be even better for your plants :)

Finally something i know something about! My wife does enviromental studies, i can't say what kind or who for, hope you understand. There are many things to consider when using a stream or river. Freind of a friend touched on a real touchy subject up in wash. state, watersheds. They are everywhere and aren't posted with the green and blue sign. Enviromental impact studies are done where there is fish,wetlands,algea,birds, ducks , and geese, etc. These studies are done first by scouts that work for parks and wildlife. These are for proposed highways, housing development, wildlife refuges, etc. All this you can look up in your local p&w website for your state, different laws vary but i can tell you this, All water is owned by something unless it's an ocean,sea, and sometimes even a gulf. If it runs through someones property they have rights to it up till their property boundries, unless wetlands or some damn fish is discovered and then the state takes over your portion of water and a chunk of surrounding area for preservation of some fish or algea you never heard of or care about. If it freeflows like the size of the river it belongs to the state for whatever reason they see fit, usaually prospected bridge sites for higway congestion ease, unless a fungus is descovered then they move up/down stream in SEARCH

of a new site. These rivers and streams are being inspected more than you think and if any manmade diversion is discovered they call in a team of engineers to find out why. New studies are being done everyday in preperation for bigger and better highway route systems and cover water first above all. getting finger cramps haven't typed this much fer awhile. Just be carefull and track everyprint you make. Gl and green thoughts be with ya!

I'd use it, just make sure to get the running not standing water.

Best Wishes
"P"

Latest posts

Back