Round #3...first shot with quality beans...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Six

Perfect smile..chronic...
Reaction score
Ok folks...round #1 left alot to be desired, quality was there but quantity was poor....learned alot with the help of my fellow MP'rs and some really good books...sprouted 3 more bag seeds and ended up with one really nice female, the other two, one male and one hermie got pulled. She is now in the 3rd week of flower and the trich's are showin richly. Im ready for some quality beans now. :hubba:

Germing a dinafem white widow (freebee...thanks Attitude!!!), GHS white rhino, GHS great white shark, GHS church, GHS trainwreck, and a GHS hawaiin snow....

All 6 beans have been soaked in straight up rain water...no additives, no ph balancing...just plain ole rain water....soaked for 12 hours then i will be using the "flying saucer" method for germing 3 of them and the other 3 im going to just put into my medium...we will see which is more effective...

More to come later....Oh ya, and these are feminized seeds...

Good luck with the grow...Here is some GREEN MOJO coming at you....

Reactions: Six
Good Luck Six!!!

Hope you get everything you wish for in your grow!!

Cheers!!!!

White widow, white rhino, and great white shark are goin into the "flying saucer". Putting the trainwreck, church, and the hawaiin snow directly into a mix of spaghnum peat moss and perlite (10:1 ratio) inside of a humidity dome...using a heating pad with a thick towel on top of it for heat...should see some results in a couple of days...:watchplant:

Wow, 3 for 3 in 24 hours on the flying saucer method...still nothin on the other 3 yet...droppin white widow, white rhino, and great white shark in my medium...all 6 are in the dirt now...

knock em dead six, no pun intended. cant wait to see.

White widow, white rhino, and great white shark were dropped on top of the medium and sprinkled with just enough dirt to cover them then lightly misted with rain water after they came out of the flying saucer.....white rhino and great white shark are already starting to stand up and peek through...

Train wreck, church, and hawaiin snow were buried aprox 1/4" right after soaking...no signs of peeking through yet...

OMG :confused: :shocked: :doh: :hitchair: :hairpull: :chuck: :chuck: :mad: MY WHITE RHINO AND MY GREAT WHITE SHARK SEEM TO HAVE JUST UP AND WALKED AWAY...SPROUTED LEGS AND ARE GONE...NOT EVEN IN MY LITTLE STARTER POTS ANYMORE.......:huh: :cry:

they are there. keep watering em they will pop up

Nooooo....they had already popped up....they are gone....not even a dead root left as sign of there existance....wth...

The cat...brb...

Six said:
The cat...brb...

images

sorry :eek:

Oh my freakin word.....tryin to look up large cat eating dog on ebay....:angrywife:.....Grrrrrrrrrrr

i am just not destined to have any great white shark.....but on the upside...im seein the other 4 above dirt now...would have been a 6 for 6 sucess rate had it not been for environmental factors...3 days from soak to sprout...not bad...greenhouse seeds and dinafem get a thumbs up from me...:cool2: Quality seeds and all seem to have pretty uniform sprouting times...

Maybe its an omen...my light setup is not really set up for 6 plants...so i am now down to a 4 strain grow....white widow, trainwreck, church, and hawaiin snow....

So...to sum up the process here...

So far i have used filtered rain water only...no ph balancing...no additives...

Soaked for 12 hours in rain water....

3 beans were then placed in between moist paper towel and then put between two saucers....3 beans were placed in a moist mix of spaghnum peat moss and perlite (10:1 ratio) buried aprox 1/4" point up (controversial, some say tip down)...

Both were placed on top of a thick towel with a heating pad set on low underneath it...the 3 in medium placed in a small humidity dome...

After aprox 24 hours the flying saucer beans sprouted little white tips and were placed in the same mix of spaghnum peat and perlite (10:1 ratio)....set on top of the mix then sprinkeled with just enough mix to cover them and misted lightly with rain water...placed them in the humidity dome with the other 3...used small 2" ceramic starter pots...

3 days after soak...6 for 6 sucess rate (-2 that the cat ate)....going under a 2' T8 flouro...guessing in the 3 to 4000 k range...i will keep them under it and slowly work them out of the humidity dome for a couple of days before i move them into the veg cabinet....

They are goin strong, moving them into my veg cabinet under the equivalent of 300 watts of CFL's.....

This marks an important turning point in my grow setup...with my current limit of 12 plants on my mj card...i have now set myself up with a perpetual harvest...i should be able to harvest a plant every two weeks aprox....this should definately set up my med needs just perfect...any overflow will serve to cover those times when a plant doesnt come out at the 2 week mark as planned.....

I have 4 in my flower room at 2 week intervals, 8 in the veg cabinet at all different stages....every time i take one out of the flower room...another gets propogated and one gets moved over from veg to flower....should keep the flow right....will work out the bugs as i go....will get some pics up soon...

Come to think of it, this could be the neverending grow journal if im posting a harvest every two weeks...lol...kinda like the neverending song.....it just goes on and on and on and on....

Ok, so heres the girls...they are the 4 across the front....trainwreck, church, hawaiin snow, and white widow.....

The ones in the back are bag seed that im working through...

They are under the equivalent of 300 watts ( 200 watt CFL and a 100 watt CFL) of CFL's with 24 hour light, both CFL's are of the 6500k temp range....seeds get 8 weeks from germ to flower room...

Will be starting to work with clones here in the near future...

08-16-09_1920.jpg

08-16-09_1923.jpg

08-16-09_1921.jpg

Very basic setup all around...

The walls are covered in Panda Film aprox 5' high....

Lighting is 3x 4' T8's at aprox 3000 lumens per bulb...all at 3K color Temp...

Room is 3'x5' with an 8' ceiling so height will not be an issue....

15 square feet with only 18000 lumens, very short of what it needs to be but for now it will have to work....i have already produced with this setup so i know it will work, its just not optimal....ideally i want to put a 600w HPS in there....

my bag seed monster is in the flower room goin into week 4...2' tall by 3' wide...i have since put 3 more into the room to sex and if female, flower out...

Heres the link ...http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45909

08-14-09_1552.jpg

looking great!!! too bad your great white shark couldn't be looking great too.

Latest posts

Back