S.O.G. in MP coco-buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kebnekajse

I also play the bass.
Reaction score
So, my last grow didn't go that well. But I learned a lot and will build a kickass 1 square foot microcab. I saw a thread on another forum where this guy did a sog in 20oz? (0.5l) bottles, and i will do the same. I can fit 8 in there.

But, how often do I have to water the plants if they are in such small containers? Besides growing and smoking I also have a job to take care of. I really can't be home "sick" the next 2.5 months...

Do I have to get a drippersystem etc. or will watering once a day do fine?

Will some perlite on top of coco help it from drying out?

Other tips?

Oh yeah, Im not gonna do it organic, have bought canna coco nutrients. I don't think I got the experience to do a good nutemix in my medium. But I plan on learning that aswell later on. Should i still do the layer-thing, with more and more perlite as you go down in the "buckets"?

I am really looking forward to try out coco, it seems easy and effective.

8 plants in one square ft? You will find that growing more than one flowering plant inside 1 square ft will be quite a challenge. Even growing one will still be tough.

IMO, you would benefit better by doing one plant, and using more volume in your rooting medium to allow root growth for that plant.

Good luck

Well, if it gets to crowded I can always get rid of a few. But: I've grown this strain before and kind of know how it will stretch, and I am fairly sure I will make it heightwise. And clones tend to grow one stem with one cola from what i've heard, so they shouldn't get that bushy.

Plus, I really, really want this to work. My plan is to do a perpetual sog once I succeded with one grow. They finish in 8 weeks, so my plan is to harvest about 10 grams every other week ( but it will probably take a few grows til i get 5 grams per plant). The guy I got the inspiration from got about 20 grams / plant. But he's been doing this for a couple of years. :p

I will make a diary of this once i get everything going. So we will see if I'm stupid not taking good advice or if I succeed with the impossible!

Edit: this is the guy that does what i'm about to do...

http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713&page=1&pp=15

Can't fault you for your high hopes. Experience is the best teacher. You learn either way.

Carry on.........;)

oh man, this is going to be a disaster, right? haha, why must i be so stubborn. I WILL try this. And apologise to the elders if it doesn't go well. And get cheers if i succeed! But I'm also getting a homebox next month so I will have more plants growing.

But seriously, is the guy I linked to exceptionally skilled or what? I mean he's doing it without any spcecial tricks as far I could see. Just flower clones from start.

Edit: I guess a one plant scrog is the best option if i'm looking for a decent yield? If I decide not to do my totally doable s.o.g.

It could probably be done. The plants will just be minis because of the space restriction on the roots. If you're a busy person I'd say grow one clone at a time in a bigger pot, because harvesting 5-20 grams at a time sounds like a lot of extra effort. You still have to dry and cure every harvest.

But no one here is knocking you for trying. Go for it if it's what you want to do.

What is the height of the cabinet? One square foot would allow a 5 gallon bucket, which is definitely the way that I would go, provided you have the height.

thank you for the encouragement.

What I really excpect is 1-2g/plant this grow. But it will be an improvement from last grow, i got about 5 grams from a bit bigger space. But it was harvested a couple of weeks early. And still the best weed I ever had (first harvest you know).

Just got my motherplant that a friend has been kind enough to grow for me!

enhancement smoker: no, height is only 21''. So 5 gallons is about my whole space.:D

I would go for a 2 gallon bucket and a lst/scrog (net under canopy) if I decided to do just one plant.

Man, I want my gear to arrive. To bad i decided to order my stuff 12 days before christmas... They will take forever to get here.

Latest posts

Back