S&P Wiring HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xRedkiller03x

Reaction score
Hi guyz so i bought a S&P 150 Inline Fan and it arived today BUT since its double insulated it doesnt come with a ground cord instead i have to wire it myself, now i heard lots of great stuff about theese fans and was hoping sum one can help me get the wiring right. I know its black-black and White to white but i dont know what cord to buy to make it work. i Heard about a 2-prong Cord but dont know what that is or looks like or where to buy. Someone pls help, i also got my carbon filter and insulated ducting so i want to get my tent fully set up.

Have you even went to look at a hardware store yet? Did the fan come with a fitting to pass the wire though the housing? Any instructions?

If it is just two wires than pretty much any 2 prong pigtail will do. You will want 12-14 gauge wires. I would make sure that there is not a ground connection on the fan. It may just be a special screw,maybe green, that connect the ground to the body of the fan. If it was grounded you would want a 3 prong.
If there is just a hole in the fan for the wire you will need to get a heyco fitting to secure the pigtail securely. Properly sized wire nuts would connect the pigtail to the wires in the fan nicely.

hey kiksroks i havent been to the hardware store yet because i dont know what to ask for, i wanna know what im going to buy before i go. im planing on going sunday on my day off just need sum more help. My inline fan has a housing that i open when i losen the screws and it has the wires right there. 3 wires but i heard that u shouldnt use the ground wire. so i just need a 2 prong cord just dont know how they work or which to buy.

EDIT- So i look around the web and found this, not sure if its whats ur refering 2 kiksroks hXXp://www.amazon.com/Superior-Electric-EC142V6-Power-Tools/dp/B004TA6B3C

xRedkiller03x said:
it has the wires right there. 3 wires but i heard that u shouldnt use the ground wire. so i just need a 2 prong cord just dont know how they work or which to buy.

Why do you think you shouldnt use the ground?
If it has 3 wires you need the ground, simple.

If you have a Home Depot or a Lowes near by....... they sell a nice heav gauge cord....... they have them with and without ground...... I have bought a few to put on t5 lights........ please use the ground wire....... ya don't want a fire.

Growdude said:
Why do you think you shouldnt use the ground?
If it has 3 wires you need the ground, simple.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

If its got a ground, you need to use the ground.:doh:

Unless, maybe you like doing funny dances in the grow area.:hubba:

Wet

Generally double insulated tools, etc do not have a ground. However if there is a ground wire there, you need to wire up with a cord that has a ground.

Here are the direction for the S & P TD150 inline fan hxxp://www.solerpalau-usa.com/pdfs/IOMS/TD%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

got it to work guyz, and hemp u were right there wasnt a ground wire, i tought it was but it was the low-speed wire. now i just need to buy a wire cutter to get my ducting on there. lol so close to getting my tent fully set up.

Latest posts

Back