sack weed seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
would you take a chance and grow some seeds from sack weed that was good stuff to you before you actually tried good stuff. I want to but am worried of wasting time and money on something that might not be that good

i did try it way back when.and to get some experience you couldnt go wrong.watch out for hermies from what i understand it happens more often with bag seeds.dont get your hopes up on yeild or quality.your harvest time will probably very with every plant if you did like i did and just mixed good seeds in the same bag

The good stuff prior to smoking and growing my own good stuff is not worth the time, effort, money or air to try growing.imo

all i can tell you is will you be happy after all the time and money you put into the grow turns out like crap and hermies out? when 50 dollars for good genetics can assure you some good results and no wasted time and money. i wouldnt let 50 dollars stand in the way of that, but its your choice totally!

No. Here is a thread that pretty much explains why I do not grow bagseed. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64094

If I am going to put 4 months of effort into something, not to mention the cost of setting up a good grow space, I am not going to risk it with questionable genetics. Not only do you run a high risk of hermies, you have no idea where the pollen came from. So while you may be happy with the bag it came from, there is no guarantee that what you are smoking is going to be anything like what the seed will grow--the pollen could have come from some stray ditch weed. I am going to spend the $50+ bucks or so to get good genetics and the kind of high that I am looking for.

I have grown bagseed, will not be doing that again. I value my time and effort too much, to not know what I am growing. Where I live, for the most part, local grown bagseed, can be great. But that said, it is a lot of time, and expense, to take chances. Besides I have found some strains, that far exceed, most locally grown weed.

HomieHogleg

Its the luck of the draw with Bagseed. When I 1st started growen thats all I had,,and thats what I grew. Some turned out killer,,some turned out Hermie and became Hash. Eather way,,grow yur own Weed. If ya cant afford good genetics,,grow what ya got. I took good Bagseed weed and made it a much much better Smoke,,but I also wasted some time with Hermies. 1st Nanner I ever saw was mine:eek:,woops,, I mean,, the Nanner was from some Bagseed Weed I was growen.:D
Anyway,,what ever ya do,,grow your own weed.
This was Bagseed Weed grown with T5s.
http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=819918&postcount=19

But by all means,,If ya can get the good Genectics,,,DO IT,,ya wont be sorry.

lol THG speaks truth... she linked my post... iv grown a few plants already and my first harvest i was STUPID LUCKY and got a good female, 0 seeds/male production, but then i get some of this amazing Northern Skunk from a bag... planted 6 seeds all 6 popped up as female... its now 6.5 weeks into an 8-10 week flower period and 3 of the 6 are starting to throw nanners... not good... ill be honest when i saw the nanners and seed production yesterday, my heart sank and i was hella sad... IF your willing to take the crap-shoot and see if lady luck is in yer favor go ahead... although im getting seeds and nanners i have learned a whole lot more on this grow then i did on my first... its all a learning experience... but honestly go with good genetics, the Attitude site has some Skunk#1 from Sensi Seeds for like 4.5GDP, thats like 8-10 bucks USD... not bad for a plant that without lots of attention and nurturing will typically yield nearly a quarter pound per plant... pfft 10 bucks for that much... yeah its worth it... already got an order set and waiting for when i get paid then its on to some good pure genetics... >_<

sunakard2000 said:
lol THG speaks truth... she linked my post... iv grown a few plants already and my first harvest i was STUPID LUCKY and got a good female, 0 seeds/male production, but then i get some of this amazing Northern Skunk from a bag... planted 6 seeds all 6 popped up as female... its now 6.5 weeks into an 8-10 week flower period and 3 of the 6 are starting to throw nanners... not good... ill be honest when i saw the nanners and seed production yesterday, my heart sank and i was hella sad... IF your willing to take the crap-shoot and see if lady luck is in yer favor go ahead... although im getting seeds and nanners i have learned a whole lot more on this grow then i did on my first... its all a learning experience... but honestly go with good genetics, the Attitude site has some Skunk#1 from Sensi Seeds for like 4.5GDP, thats like 8-10 bucks USD... not bad for a plant that without lots of attention and nurturing will typically yield nearly a quarter pound per plant... pfft 10 bucks for that much... yeah its worth it... already got an order set and waiting for when i get paid then its on to some good pure genetics... >_<

whats a nanner and I did just see attitudeseed bank and going to get good genetics thanks for the info

a nanner is what they nicknamed a male flower, due to it resembleance of a yellow banana!

yup as highbrix said nanners are a nicekname for the male flowers... if ever/when you get a male or herm and see nanners youll know right away. kinda pale yellow in color curved like a banana and in a cluster or "hand" like you would buy bananas lol... kinda cool from the scientific stand point and since iv always been hardcore into the sciences and specificly growing its always interesting to see this kinda thing first hand... then the grower side of me is like AWE *** MAN NANNERS!!!!. i havnt grown from good genetics like the seeds from the seedbanks or a known female clone from a friend so i cant really say for sure but yeah its worth the cash lol dont get screwed with what i got... its depressing to see nanners start poppin out...

The only good thing I can say,,was I was lucky enough to have never seen a Nanner before around 9 weeks into flower,,so it wasnt to bad. I have never had a Hermie on Bagseed other then that. Sometimes those seeds in the Bag are caused from a Male plant that wasnt removed in time,,which makes those seeds just fine. Maybe they aint Known Genetics,,but at least,, its YOUR WEED your growen.

nanner the male bud okay cool thanks, I went to alttiyude seed bank and got the mix and match got critical kush, pineapple chuck, and a freebie blue lemon thai . I hope they make it to my box and I did notice that the site I ordered from looked different then the nirana ad at the top of the mp page could it be because I typed the name into the browser instead of clicking the like at the top of the page ?

Latest posts

Back