Same thing, different grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylow6988

Friendly Neighborhood PMP
Reaction score
Bud.jpg

Ok, everytime I grow this happends to me. Didn't want to even post that I had a grow but I need to figure out what I can't figure out. I put the plant into flower, and it's not just yellowing leaves. They start from the bottom and work it's way up on mostly fan leaves. They first start turning yellow, then get some brown, curl up and die. I just added a small female into the flower room and bam, it was a week and I pulled 2 leaves off already.
PICT1159.JPG
They are in a box 4' X 2' and 7' 4" tall. I have the walls lined with pandafilm, two 4" inline $ucking the air out, 4ooW HSP. Humidity stays down between 27 and 35. I do have spider mites, are under control... but it's been a war! Temp is normally just under 80F during the day at the top of the plants, about 74F at 2ft from bottom. At night we are looking at about 69F everynight. I leave both fans on to keep it cool at night trying to keep mites at bay until these plants are done... then it's bleach everything!

Ok, so I have 3 ladies in the room. Two of them are large, over 4'. One is Skunk1, the other is a Skunk1 mixed with a stanky lil bagseed Indica of some sorts. Skunk1 has hardly any mites. Mix is all F'd up. I have two clones from her... I did chose one to be the mother... but not anymore. Not if all she is going to do is attract mites to my pure skunk1 clones.

PICT1089.JPG
Skunk1 Day108 since got seed wet, 23rd day of flower.

Soil is MG Organic. My ferts are Fox Farm Big Grow and Tiger Bloom. Though I don't use much. I went back to using the same MG as TBG. But still, I think it's harder to keep them in MG for a long time. I am at day 122 since I dropped my seeds in a cup of water. And now in it's 37th day of flowering and am getting milky trichromes. I just Fertilized for the last time last night with a mix:
In a gallon of water I used 1/4 tsp FF BG, 1/2 tsp FF TB. And only did Mix. The Skunk1 has a larger container, didn't wanna overwater.

Really I think my problem is I don't seem to get the nutes right. My last grow I hardly used any, and lost almost all my fan leaves by time harvest. And it's going on again... bud nutes are not doing it? I have checked PH, and it reads good. Just below 7. MG, added perlite, a lil sphagnum moss. Didn't start furts untill noticed yellowing. Added small dose Grow Big, put into flower. And then leaves started dropping like crazy.

Whew... that was a lot. It would have been easier to do a Grow Journal lol... So what do you guys think I am doing wrong?

PICT1127.JPG

Basicallly u gota follow the directions on the nutes. If ya mix em too strong, ur plants will suffer. If u can, u can give ur plants a flush and rinse out any old and built up nutes.

I did a flush on the 17th with distilled water. Waited a few hours let that water drip out, then added 1/4 tsp GB 1/4 tsp TB.

What I am affraid of is the MG. Even though it was the organic stuff, it also reads "feeds up to 3 months".

I don't know how much is gonna F'em up. I have tried adding more, more, more... then I get worried I have to be over doing it... do a flush, add a lil... and see what happends.

I wish I had the answers for you but this seems like my exact same problem. You can look at some of my posts in the grow journal and the sick plants section for some answers from other people.

Good luck man I hope we can figure this out.:hairpull:

There is one thing I have changed... I was using spring water instead of distilled water. I just changed 3 days ago... and does seem to be a bit of an improvment after flushing with it. I'll let it go for a while and post pic of them when they are awake.

Well, I think this time I got it right. I was worried that I was over-watering, but didn't think so. Now it's been 5 days since I flushed and they do seem to be doing better. Had to work some O.T. so I missed my chance to take pics. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe it was a combo of using the right nutes, with the right water. Spring water might have been my big no no... causing me to think it was my nutes.

I went to the store in search of a PH tester and got the lil pills, you add water... and they come with the NPK tests too. This was a while ago when I first noticed that a lil fertilizing didn't help like it should. Everything, all four test came out perfect... :doh: I did look at those jugs of water funny... just didn't go with my instinct I guess. We'll see for sure tonight, and through the week if this is the problem.

FoSho.jpg

Well... you see my bud up close and personal. The Spider Mite damage is in the bottom of the picture. There is one stalk that is worse than the others, and so I am thinking of chopping it :ignore: I know I don't wanna hear that either.
But, the trichromes are milky... what do you guys think? Should I get a lil early? I still have the SK1... and I know Skunk aint known for repelling mites... But let me tell you she is doing a good job of keeping them at bay. it's the cross that is getting them... not the Skunk1. So... There will be no cross mothers... there is one more in the flowering room... and two clones that will be flowered... and then it's back to good ol Skunk1. And I am going to keep plants a lil smaller... they would be easier to manage in cases like this.

Fosho1.jpg

Also... I think a problem might just be the size of the container...

The other has a large one... this one was not as important to me at the time.

Latest posts

Back