Powdery mildew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potassium bicarbonate: A mixture of one tablespoon of potassium bicarbonate, half a teaspoon of liquid dish soap, and one gallon of water can be used to instantly kill the fungal spores infesting your plants. Use this solution in spray form to treat fungal infections on leaves and stems. It is important to note that spray treatments will only be effective on the sprayed areas. Ensure that the entire affected area is coated with the spray to make sure the fungus doesn't quickly return. The use of potassium bicarbonate is also approved for use on edible plants.

Milk: You can use one-part milk and two to three parts water mixture to break down fungal spores and even boost your plant's immune system. The reason this method works is not fully understood but is proven to be an effective, food-safe treatment that is also readily available.

Both potassium bicarbonate, and the hydrogen peroxide work very well but you have to be diligent and stay on top of your treatments on a regular basis. The last plant I had that I treated before I shut down was the girl crush that I coveted so highly. I actually made up a solution of 5 gallons of hydrogen peroxide and water, and proceeded to submerge every plant that was trimmed in the solution before I put it in front of a fan to dry it off. After shaking out the solution they got rinsed and then dried…worked great and no nasty chemicals… the trick with powdery mildew is to stay on it, and do not let it advance. Spraying every third day is highly recommended.

I think the ratio is a bit too much. 50/50 or one to one would take you down to a little over 17%. I'd start with that and watch the results. If it doesn't kill the mold, try straight 35% on a select spot.
Oxidate is 57pct and you have to mix it at 1:100

Ordered h202 35%.Took care of my girl 3 days ago with milk and everything looking good at the moment. Humidity maximum 44% lowest 38%. Gloves, swimming goggles and h202 if i see it again . Thanks for helping guys 😊😊

A 3% from drug store that we are using to clean wounds can do the job too ?

Edit: found a guy on youtube that is using 2 and a half table spoons of 3% from drug store in a litre of water to cure powdery mildew on zucchini and cucumber plants

Last edited:
A 3% from drug store that we are using to clean wounds can do the job too ?

Edit: found a guy on youtube that is using 2 and a half table spoons of 3% from drug store in a litre of water to cure powdery mildew on zucchini and cucumber plants
If you do not dilute the hydrogen peroxide you will kill the plants
To get rid of mold in cannabis, you can use hydrogen peroxide in the following ways1234:
  • Mix 1 teaspoon of 35% hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water.
  • Mix SM-90 and water in a 1:5 ratio.
  • Use water and paper towels. Wet the towels with water and rub the mold off each affected leaf.
  • Mix one part 3% hydrogen peroxide with three parts water in a spray bottle. Spray the affected areas of your cannabis plant once a day until the mildew is gone.
  • Use a hydrogen peroxide water bath to wash off moldy bud.

To get rid of mold in cannabis, you can use hydrogen peroxide in the following ways1234:
  • Use water and paper towels. Wet the towels with water and rub the mold off each affected leaf.
  • Mix one part 3% hydrogen peroxide with three parts water in a spray bottle. Spray the affected areas of your cannabis plant once a day until the mildew is gone.
Thanks roster! When lights go off i will spray this lil fker. One to three ratio. Hope it will clean those leaves too from that milk-water spray I used, got some white stamps 😂

Last night i sprayed that girl with the PM. Woke up today just to find out that shes completely clean !! 100% i could say. Lots of pistils turned brown thought.. it will bounce back isn't it ?

those burnt pistols will not hurt a thing and your plant will continue to ripen

Send a pic
Now that i see those pictures i can say the damage on pistols is almost nothing.
1 pic is the "damaged" and the other an ok one

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_141712.jpg
    IMG_20230711_141712.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230711_141647.jpg
    IMG_20230711_141647.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I have used baking soda a teaspoon per quart spray with a little dishsoap. I had problems last grow because baking soda didn't work. Finally I ended up using 5-10 ml of clonex solution, (the quart bottle.). works great. I had some black crud that wanted to take over but it couldn't take a light spray of clonex

My method of choice until now is MPK monopotassium phosphate. I tried several remedies like milk citric acid lactic acid and the h2o2 i tried it once to kill mites i must have given a high concentration because in a matter of minutes it turned the leaves to golden and oxidized the plant matter while keeping the mites alive. MPK you can raise the concentration to 25 grams per liter and it still does no damage to the plants while being very effective on PM eradication. I had plants looking like covered with snow and i was able to clean it off. I want to try higher levels of lactic and citric acid combination and or each alone. but the initial trials with those was not that good. Milk is ok just not as potent as high concentration mpk.

Latest posts

Back