Scary and weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
Hi people. When hubby was home yesterday our neighbore came by and said they had been robbed the night before. Not a weird thing to have happen but the electricity had been out to the whole block while it happened..Am I paranoid to think they cut the electricity to make robbing easier? I want to get a shotgun pronto... I was awake the whole time they were being robbed because my lights/fans had gone off and we woke up to check on them...:holysheep: :eek:

I think they stole tools. I have to admit I am a bit afraid. :(

Gotta realize some people will take advantage of situations like that 2dog. Always protect yourself and your family, but if your going to get one learn how to use it well and learn all gun safety. Pratice gun controll......Hit what your aiming at! If their isn't alot of police reports of that sort of thing happening in your area Then i would relax. But be safe!

AAwww Baby girl! Even though it was your neighbor,.. I understand you feel violated! You have every right to be nervous,.. It isn't parranoia these days! It's "awareness" and "vigolance" and NO you are not so far fetched to think they,.. cut the power to the block!,.. Get your self some of those little emergency flash lights (harbour frieght or camp stores) They plug in but "turn on" when power is out,... put them on plugs that face windows or doors (the light beam) so they know "you may be a little more prepared!" You need to search this site ,.. can't think of name now,.. sent link to daughter couple mo back,.. For tasers and "home security" self defense! I MUST agree with chef,.. If you have little or no gun experience only get one if you find a range to practice practice practice,... get comfy with it cuz if you pull it,... your gonna have to use it! Experience here! Got in a real live wild west shoot out my self a few years back! He got five years,.. I got my gun back! and MOVED! He didn't believe I WOULD USE THAT GUN! So I HAD to prove it! Fortunately we have a make my day law here! and I don't care where you live,.. If they invade your home,.. YOU TAKE THEM OUT! and save the rest of us the nightmare! I'm sorry you are going through this! You get a taser,.. and some mace Lock up get safety lights,.. and lessons in gun handling,.. Then Get that gun! Loving thoughts and I've wrapped Angel wings around you! You'll be ok! believe!!!!!

:yeahthat: Safety class(es)! Then be sure you understand the home defense laws in your state.

I recommend a Mossberg 500 Persuader, although Remington makes a nice short barrel shotgun, too (I think it's the 870). IMO, a 12 gauge shotgun is an excellent choice for home defense. One big problem with non-shotguns is bullets go through walls.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35530

Mine is a Rueger Black Hawk,.. I've had a lot of offers for her and "the news paper article" The best offer I had really was for a "Lady Black Hawk" You don't want a shotgun kinda thing,.. nothing like having to ask someone "to step back" so you can raise the sites! My hubby makes me carry the hollow point bullets in my pocket now! He says I gotta "hand deliver the first one for now on" and give them a warning,.."The next one's comin air mail" Lol!

I have quite a few guns here and my favorite is my trusty Remington 870. I don't want to go through all the ** for a pistol license in our state atm, but I may eventually. By the time the intruder got through my 2 dogs (good luck LOL) they would then deal with a round of buckshot coming down the pipe.

it's not easy to look someone in the eye, and drop a hammer on them...

are those (2dogs) weiniers? lol. sorry...

a tazer is also a felony just to purchase, let alone, use it. i know this first hand. i got car jacked last summer, and i tazed both jackers in the face, and neck leaving clear visible burns to them. 1 million volts doesnt stop a jacked up on who knows what cracked head... i had to go to court on felony weapon charges, that i'm still fighting...being an ex con makes my situation even worse. i'm facing 10 years for protecting my being...

dont take it lightly if you go this route...

let me give you a legal weapon that will make someone think twice real damn quick, and it's legal to own, and carry in the open...

a paintball gun!!! straight outta the prosecuting attornies mouth, and state troopers also...

i can now shoot an attacker 100 times, in 12 seconds, and its all good in the courts eyes. but pull a tazer, bam class 1 felony...

12 guage is the only weapon for home defense by someone not experienced in guns IMO. point in the general direction of your target, and your going to hit it.

I doubt that the criminals are that high tech to be able to block power, but we all know how these folks take advantage of things like this. Look back at the looting that goes on everytime there is some sort of natural disaster.

2Dog I was in rehab with a guy who shot 3 people who had broke into his house to steal his grow. He killed one and wounded the other 2. This happened in a state where it's illegal to grow period. These 3 guys had broke in and shot his dog when it attacked them, thats when he came out of his room shooting. He told me privately that the only reason the other 2 were only wounded is because they got out of the house before he could finish what he wanted to....anyway...my point is, the guy didn't get in any trouble for defending his house, he was charged for cultivation, which he hired an attorney for and got it dropped to posession, and did no time, only had to do the rehab....

Defending yourself and your loved ones is your god given right, I know you have brought it up in the past about looking like a dealer, and worrying about charges if you were to have a weapon, scales...etc

If you don't defend whats yours from people like this, you will not have anything to defend...Every house in america should have a gun.

Wow That's interesting,.. and helpful info D.D!,... GSS sooo glad I haven't met your dogs,.. Lol,.. but sounds like you have your security in place! We have two too! One would beat you to death with her tale after she crawled out from under the couch,... while the other bit the "shinolah" outta your ankles! "Bonnie and Clyde" my buddies!

spiritlovescolorado said:
Wow That's interesting,.. and helpful info D.D!,... GSS sooo glad I haven't met your dogs,.. Lol,.. but sounds like you have your security in place! We have two too! One would beat you to death with her tale after she crawled out from under the couch,... while the other bit the "shinolah" outta your ankles! "Bonnie and Clyde" my buddies!

They are funny girls. They are great with children and people they know, but don't like strangers at all. They have gone after someone before who needed it, and the problem was resolved.

legalize_freedom said:
12 guage is the only weapon for home defense by someone not experienced in guns IMO. point in the general direction of your target, and your going to hit it.

I doubt that the criminals are that high tech to be able to block power, but we all know how these folks take advantage of things like this. Look back at the looting that goes on everytime there is some sort of natural disaster.

2Dog I was in rehab with a guy who shot 3 people who had broke into his house to steal his grow. He killed one and wounded the other 2. This happened in a state where it's illegal to grow period. These 3 guys had broke in and shot his dog when it attacked them, thats when he came out of his room shooting. He told me privately that the only reason the other 2 were only wounded is because they got out of the house before he could finish what he wanted to....anyway...my point is, the guy didn't get in any trouble for defending his house, he was charged for cultivation, which he hired an attorney for and got it dropped to posession, and did no time, only had to do the rehab....

Defending yourself and your loved ones is your god given right, I know you have brought it up in the past about looking like a dealer, and worrying about charges if you were to have a weapon, scales...etc

If you don't defend whats yours from people like this, you will not have anything to defend...Every house in america should have a gun.

Well if you fire a shotgun in your house make sure there is no one behind a wall or a door, as they WILL be killed. I used to be a competitive shooter. And I...have defended my home and family. Shooting paper targets are not the same as shooting a person...I know. Not many people know if they could kill someone or not...I already know.

I just Love Dogs! Have a girlfriend,.. has a Huge Wolf Hybrid,.. That dog never bit anyone,... but, a social worker,.. Lol! But really intimidating! Being disabled,.. They make me get up when I don't want to!! They Love me when I'm Blue Mad or Happy! I wouldn't trade them for the world,.. and They ARE my family,.. and Bonnie (the couch hider tail beater) KNOWS her momma's got her back! (She was there when we had the shoot out!)

LF,....GOSH I always new I liked you! I have "Several" guns my self,.. just like the "results" when you pull the hammer! goes in tiny Leaves BIG big whole!

and then 2 Dog,.. If you can't pull the trigger lookin him in the eyes,.. You are afraid,.. and feel he/she will bring harm to you,.. or yours.... You look him in the gut,... and pull it any how!!!!

Mental conditioning is extremely important. You need to know your weapon in and out "beware of a person who own's one gun" and you have to be 100% confident that if you are in the situation, you will pull that trigger to protect yourself and your family.

Hey since everyone seems to be visiting here,... I got my diagnosis,.. the one we were all mojoin for,... IT'S Ready,.. Heavy Metal Toxicity! Gotta Liver and Kidneys full of the yuck! That's why I can't absorb the foods! Now,.. I gotta find a toxicologist that isn't afraid to try to get some of it outta me ASAP! Not having much luck with that though!

.40 Glock hollow point by the bed

12g above the kitchen cabinets

Remmington Extreme Weather .308 above the front door.

Titan, 2 year old 95lb rottie and my kids best friend.

Full camera set up, around house and front gate

I sleep well.

GL and be safe

nouvellechef said:
.40 Glock hollow point by the bed

12g above the kitchen cabinets

Remmington Extreme Weather .308 above the front door.

Titan, 2 year old 95lb rottie and my kids best friend.

Full camera set up, around house and front gate

I sleep well.

:holysheep: LOL now THATS what Im talking about.

godspeedsuckah said:
It is if they plan on dropping the hammer on you ;) BTW you aren't suppose to look em' in the eye....keep your eyes on the sights bro LOL

bro. i did'nt say i had a problem with 'dropping a hammer'. i do not. thats the scary part, eh?...did my time for a weapons charge before, many years back...

and LF. this is mi your in. if the weapon comes out, you had better be fully permitted to carry, then your still guilty of something. i been there bro. seen it. did it... will never do 'it' again...

anyone here ever been shot with a paintball gun? how about with a frozen paintball?;) ...just the sight of mine will make you stop doing what it is you shoul'nt be doing!!! i even have a beware sign on premises, that a paintball gun is on the premises. it won't kill, unless you have a bad heart, or something of this nature, but it will make you pay very close attn. either facing, or making retreat...

Latest posts

Back