Scent Lok or similar type duffle bags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftw2012

The end is near!
Reaction score
anyone ever use any of these bags? usually for storing hunting close in, i was thinking that i should buy one so i can use it to transport my fall harvest from the grow site back to home....i guess i thought it might be a great idea and thought i would put it out there...i know i dont like when my car smells like ive got 10 lbs of freshly cut buds in the trunk....thought maybe one of these carbon bags would hold the smell....maybe even trick a drug dog? anyone ever use these?

I have not, but from what I've known about drug dogs(i worked at State police headquarters and learned a lot) nothing really works. They can smell the faintest hint of whatever drug they are trained for. You can spread pepper, hot sauce, garlic, whatever, and you can use carbon, plastic X 50, whatever you can find, but you won't trick their nose. If you've touched weed, and touched your sack (haha) the smell transfers that way too.

I don't think this was a major concern of yours by the way you wrote your post, but I wanted to chime in and let you know chances are you will never trick the dog. You might get away 1/100 of the time because the officer might not be able to find it, but never take that chance.

I have no real valuable input here though, sorry man. Again I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I agree with Meat n Cheese....your best bet is to get your outdoor crops bring them in all at the same time if possable, or the least amount of trips. When I was growing alot outdoors (guerilla) I like sunday mornings between 4 and 7 to get stuff done. It just doesn't seem like that many people are out and about then....at least where I'm at.

If you get pulled over carrying your harvest ...well face it, your probably busted.

Scent Lok bags are not going to keep the smell from getting out....they keep smells from getting in

thanks for everyones input! i guess it wasnt as good of an idea as i might have hoped....i was just hoping that maybe....i know a friend that claimes that the dog didnt smell his,....but maybe that was that 1% of the time

The only thing that will defeat a dog is METAL or GLASS.
And even then, you need to clean the outside after you finish, using a good polar solvent such as acetone or gasoline.
But after harvest, well, you yourself are going to be reeking of it!

but if the dog is freaking out on me but i dont have a bag or anything then wont the cops be interested in me a lot more then they will care about something in the car that the dog ignores?? i guess i was thinking that at least i can maybe beat the cops nose so then maybe i wont have to beat the dogs nose..you know????maybe if the cop doesnt smell it then maybe the dog wont have the chance to smell for it...

Nothing to worry about if you don't have it on you. The dogs can freak out all they want. If they decide to get a warrant and search you, you have nothing on you, they have to let you go. There would be nothing but a dog pawing at your clothes and seat and stuff.

As long as you're sure you don't have any weed on you, nothing to worry about.

That includes the creases in your pants, pockets, anywhere plant matter might have fallen...be careful. Or just bring a change of clothes and ditch the old ones.

Just my 2c.

****edit****

You are not going to beat the dog's nose. If you don't act suspicious, they wont bother you. Just dont do anything stupid or out of the ordinary, and make sure you dont have warrants, outstanding fines, tickets, broken head/tail light. Be safe and youll be fine.

Latest posts

Back