scope question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iams

Off the leash!
Reaction score
Just trying to say ahead of the curve and keep the positive energy going. What size recommended scope would you recommend for looking at trichs? Are we talking about a 30x jewelers loop or what? I know I have read about it here but have read so much, I'm not remembering where to go back and look for it.

I have a Bubblelicious that I'm going to flip the lights on in a few weeks and would like to have any and all equiptment in house. This is my first grow so any recommendations on scopes or other things that may be required would be appreciated.

Thanks to all out in MP land. You have truly built a wonderful reference website. I have been able to search archives and answer almost all my questions due to the wealth of information and pics provided. I'm hoping Santa (wife) will bring me a digital camera this Christmas so I can upload whats in my tent.:hubba:

Thanks again.

Iams.

/ curled up outside tent, tail wagging.

I still use the 10 dollar Radio Shack scope..30x-100x i know some use that 30x loop...

Happy Harvesting

take care and be safe

Is it this or like this?

scope.jpg
Scope it out.

A powerful 60-100x magnification microscope with an extremely lightweight and portable design. Features a built-in light that provides a bright, clear image and a rubberized eyepiece for comfortable viewing. Fits easily in your pocket to bring with you anywhere.
  • Powerful 60-100X magnification
  • Compact design provides easy portability
  • Easy-to-use controls allow for adjustable focus and zoom
  • Built-in light with on/off switch

Pretty cool with the variable magnification. $12.00 at the shack.

Iams

I like to take a clip off close to bud that has trichs on it...place it on a white sheet papper and look with scope...I shake too much and fall over tryN look on the plant:rofl:

LOL!..... When I finally get a grow old enough to use a scope I will probably be shaking too much also.:D Thanks for the clip/paper advice.

Iams

/ trotting down to the shack.

ps. I have always been a paitent person but this is really testing me...lol

4u2sm0ke said:
I still use the 10 dollar Radio Shack scope..30x-100x i know some use that 30x loop...

Happy Harvesting

take care and be safe

:yeahthat:

That's the same scope I have, and like 4U, I put the leaf material on white paper, and sit down to check it.
Best of luck.

i also use that scope but prefer the jewelers loop---take it in the flower room and look directly at the plant---no sample put on paper for checking out here

Cubby; Thanks for backing up the others advice.

Orange; I found them at ebay real cheap. I got a 30x loop on the way as well.

Thanks for instilling buyers confidence.

/ wags tail while looking for ups/fed ex man.

Latest posts

Back