sea of green vrs autoflowers and other ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danfinance2008

Reaction score
understanding sea of green

1. how long after the seed sprouts can i go to 12/12 to induce flowering?

2. how long after clone can i go to 12/12 to induce flowering

3. on the seed banks it lists the flowering time. so this added on to the veg time, is about the full grow cycle?

that would give me a idea of the difference between auto vrs sog

i am looking at mandala speed queen and satori

what else is a good medium priced dominate sativa seed

You can go to 12/12 any time, but seedlings will not flower until they are sexually mature. Clones are sexually mature plants, so they will start flowering right away.

Yes, flowering time is separate--it is the time the plant is in 12/12. I think that Speed Queen would be a great strain to sog--better than Satori. My Satori girls have tended to grow taller and far bushier than the SQ. Also, SQ does not get a whole lot taller when put into 12/12 like the Satori. I had a couple of SQ last summer/fall that only got 26 and 30", but produced 3 and 3.5 0z (respectively) of rock hard buds.

Here is a link to a pic of one of my SQ girls about a week before harvest: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=85015&d=1225035125

thank you Hemp Goddess

actually you replied to one of my older posts and that is how i found out about mandala. not bad for 32.00 for 10 beans.

of mandala seeds, what one was your fav for a sativa strain?
not into to heavy of a body buz

the reason for sog is to produce a plant as fast as i can. the most i would grow is 2 at a time. space or lights is not a issue. so please take that in mind if you recomend one.

and thanks, i never realized you had to wait for for sex to go to 12/12 flower. so a mother would be nice to keep around.

from seed sprout, about how long on average before a plant shows sex

danfinance2008 said:
thank you Hemp Goddess

actually you replied to one of my older posts and that is how i found out about mandala. not bad for 32.00 for 10 beans.

of mandala seeds, what one was your fav for a sativa strain?
not into to heavy of a body buz

the reason for sog is to produce a plant as fast as i can. the most i would grow is 2 at a time. space or lights is not a issue. so please take that in mind if you recomend one.

and thanks, i never realized you had to wait for for sex to go to 12/12 flower. so a mother would be nice to keep around.

from seed sprout, about how long on average before a plant shows sex

I have found that it generally takes 6-8 weeks to show sex. I am going to recommend Speed Queen to you. It is an excellent SOG strain, has a wonderful up cerebral high, produces nice tight nugs, and is very forgiving of grower's mistakes :eek: (my girls almost died when I was out of town for a week and they ran out of water).

These are not, however, going to be the fastest plants. Autos are the fastest, if that is what you are looking for. However, if you are looking for more and are willing to give it a little more time, you will be rewarded for it. I have grown Mandala's Satori, Speed Queen, and Safari Mix and have loved every one of them. I am really impressed with the Mandala genetics and at such a reasonable price. I almost cannot say enough good about Mandala....

Latest posts

Back