seed/germination... little help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Mcpotster

my bone marrow is resin
Reaction score
After a couple of days I have 6 of 8 seed sprouted in rockwool. My first grow!!! so I'm pretty stoked. My question is that 2 of them seem to have germed upside down. I have 2 tails sticking out of the rockwool. How do I go about getting these righted?

I did have a tough time with a few of the seeds, both ends were pointy. lol

Thanks for the help

Carefully with a pair of tweezers get them right side up, thats what i did when that happened to me. Dont sqeeze to hard the seedlings are super fragile. Good luck

You may want to make th hole in the rockwool a little deeper and wider with the tweasers before you flip them its super easy to brear that lil root off if your not carefull i did the same thing my firs time

Thanks guys. I went with the rockwool just so I didn't have to do this. :holysheep: I'll get it done though.

Reason #425 why this site rocks.:headbang2: :joint:

What ever happened to just soaking the seed until its moist then putting it into the medium? You dont have to mess with tap roots...

I got them flipped over, wasn't that bad to do.
Art I figured the would but the root had grown past the edge of the 1" cube.
Mindz-- I did soak them til they sank then put them in the rockwool. I had a hard time picking the "right" pointy end on a couple of them. I'm a noob, what can I say.

I have to agree. Next time I'll let em pop first. Hamster I not sure what your avatar means but it makes me laugh.

Smokey Mcpotster said:
I have to agree. Next time I'll let em pop first. Hamster I not sure what your avatar means but it makes me laugh.

It made me laugh too when I first saw it...it's just Jesus with a lil Pete Townsend in him....:)

I've started from seed twice now, and both times I did just put into FF ocean soil (prewatered), then a little extra to get the seed settled.

All my seeds have germd

Latest posts

Back