Seed question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgreenthumb

Da Bagseedologist!
Reaction score
I had a problem with my last crop. I didn't know that a male pollinated my ladies and they produced seeds. The plants are from bagseed but will these seeds from my crop provide better genetics than the seeds I originally grew them with? Actually does the better the plants are grown and treated affect future generations of plants from the same seed?:holysheep:

could go either way. depends on the male and female. It's better to buy good stable genetics and selectively pollenate using the best male and best female. IMHO

The growing conditions will not affect the genetics of the seeds. DNA is DNA. Unless you are whomping them with radiation, there is not going to be any change in the composition.

Thanks but I asked the question wrong way, what I meant is will the better the parents growing conditions are will the better the seeds will be? This is totally accidental with the pollination. The mothers are real potent even though they produced seed.

slightly basicaly when you cross it will inherent the qualities of the other parent lets say yield and potency well the chances are that those traits will show up on the new genetic for instance higher yield and potency to even flavor and smell.

to make it even more apparent the chosen strain with certain traits lets say
bigbud and you want to breed the yield trait on a certain strain lets say
jack herer then you would breed Bigbud with jack then harvest the seed
next crop you start with the new genetic bigbudX jack
then cross again to make qualities more appearent and pronounced
in the jack strain (well new jack strain)
by making a cross with the same original bigbud once again

so the bigbudX jack herer crossed with bigbud once again

so to say 2 to 1

then your jack would inheret another touch of bigbud so to say.

Latest posts

Back