Seeding before flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor bongwater

Still Green!
Reaction score
Just a thought,
I had just hit the nightcap when all in the sudden, I had this crazy thought (imagine that). O.K here it goes. I have had plants outdoors that had been pollinated early in the year and they produced seeds on the main stem before full on flowering took place. So I can't help but wonder, could I produce seed while they are preflowering in veg. (without effecting my girls to bad hormonally)? Has anyone ever attempted to pollinate a female that is showing preflowers while still in veg.?
Any comments?
Prof.

mornin' Prof.....I have had only the preflowers produce viable mature seeds. It's been sometime ago, I don't recall the details for sure, but it seems they became pollinated dureing the sexing process in my instance. ..I let a male remain in the room a day or so too long....:(..
I've never actually tried to pollinate only the preflowers.

Thanks Hick,
I have some girls in veg. that appear to be looking a little like guinea pigs. It seems like a good idea anyway. Only time will tell!
Prof.

Hick said:
mornin' Prof.....I have had only the preflowers produce viable mature seeds. It's been sometime ago, I don't recall the details for sure, but it seems they became pollinated dureing the sexing process in my instance. ..I let a male remain in the room a day or so too long....:(..
I've never actually tried to pollinate only the preflowers.

Works a mint.:aok:

had some ladies accidentally get spewed on in veg by a male...had some nice seeds a few weeks later...as for being viable...we never used them due to the fasct that the mom was not a very good speciman for breeding...we ended up cutting her and the male down....of course only after using the male for other projects :D

Latest posts

Back