Seedlings are turning yellow in new grow closet! HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EpicEndo

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My LRX2 seedlings are turning yellow on the leaves in my new grow closet. I'm using a 400W HPS with cool tube and inline 6"blower exhaust going into crawlspace, and intake outside closet door. It's been difficult maintaining a 75-85 degree temp in such a small space but it's possible. Now is where my problem begins... my A/C to my house went out for a day last week when they were 4 days popped out of soil. The temp got up to a little over 100 degrees for a few hours!:eek: I put them outside in shade for the daylight hours to help cool them off but i lost 3 because of the heat. i have 2 that may be able to make it but i'm not sure. Is there a specific nute that i can give them to help? I've been very upset that this happened and it almost destroyed my thoughts of trying again.. very frustrating. All comments and help needed.

GrowJournal 014 (2).JPG

GrowJournal 015 (2).JPG

GrowJournal 019.JPG

GrowJournal 020.JPG

GrowJournal 021.JPG

Try to keep them moist and cross your fingers. Heat stress on little guys does not go away easily. It's still to early for nutes. That would only burn them more. Hope for strong plants. I've had temps spike to 100 before, but not at such a young stage. A foot plant can recover, but seedlings delicate. Good luck,

that sucks anything above 90 degrez is terrible for any plant small or bigg... they still got green on them which is a good sign, as for that closet its sick mann, that sucks your ac went out you could get a lil mini 100 dollar one from HD and stick it in the window in the room where your closet is.

If its just those little sprout leaves that are doing it, I have found that to be normal, they fall and die anyway within a few eeks of true leaves coming out.

Yeah man all of mine do that to. I've had way worse heat spikes than that and all my plants are fine. Keep the humidity up (get yourself a dome or hell through a cake lid over em, anything. Other than that keep them moist and moving them inside and out side will most likely do more stress than good at this stage of the game. That is a very abrupt and fast temp swing. Good luck man here's some mojo bro!

how high is that light from your plants? i would take that plastic cover off them, lower your light, and keep fan blowing on them on low. just a thought. mine turn yellow like that too, the leaves look fine. no nutes yet. good luck.

banjobuzz said:
how high is that light from your plants?
I raised the light this morning about a 12" more than the pic, so it's about 2 feet now. I'm worried about getting it closer right now. maintaining 87-90 now, still need a way too keep it down when i'm not home so i won't need to worry as much:rolleyes:. Also i have a roll of mylar that i would like to put in, but am afraid that would raise the temp as well. I know that both the mylar and the height of the light are important but that heat is incredible! my room's burning up! no ladies want to stay in it! SUCKS! definitely need to invest in a lil A/C. Thanks for the help evryone, i wont give 'em any nutes this early. It just amazes me that i can kill 4 out of 5 now, LRX2's which is somewhat difficult :eek: . In all hopes that my friends mojo will help :D

I got four of the diesel ryder going with a 400 watt hps and the bottom of my runts leaves did the same thing. they are only 2 and a half week s old and already at least 10-14 inches tall. My room is smaller than yours 28" wide by 36" long and I dont have the circular tube I have the box one with two computer fans on the inside. 1 blowing air in and 1 sucking it out. My light is only 18" inches away. make sure you have a fan blowing fresh air on them to help with the heat issue. What type of exhaust and inlet do have? did not see one in the picture. don't get discoureged that easy its a patience thing and it sucks. Good luck and some green mojo for the hopefully ladies that you get.

EpicEndo said:
I raised the light this morning about a 12" more than the pic, so it's about 2 feet now. I'm worried about getting it closer right now. maintaining 87-90 now, still need a way too keep it down when i'm not home so i won't need to worry as much:rolleyes:. Also i have a roll of mylar that i would like to put in, but am afraid that would raise the temp as well. I know that both the mylar and the height of the light are important but that heat is incredible! my room's burning up! no ladies want to stay in it! SUCKS! definitely need to invest in a lil A/C. Thanks for the help evryone, i wont give 'em any nutes this early. It just amazes me that i can kill 4 out of 5 now, LRX2's which is somewhat difficult :eek: . In all hopes that my friends mojo will help :D
Wazzup bud!:D Dude I see what you were talking about. I see this "yellowing" alot with people who use jiffy pellets to start their seeds. Almost like they're getting overwatered or something.:confused: I've read a few times that youre not suppose to use Jiffy 7 cubes or pellets. They usually carry that at wal-mart. Anyway, heat will be your biggest obstacle when growin' in a closet that size, espescially if your using a 400w! I only used a 250 hps when I grew in a closet that size.(worked great 4 me) That was my first real "great grow":cool: A 250hps is alot cooler.
I have cooltube for my 600w, and like me, I think you need to let the inlet side of the grow tube open with closet door closed. That way it'll be sucking the hot air out of the closet space as well, not just thru the tube's inlet. A regular fan in there would help too. Don't turn it on too high though!:eek: lol. But where you have your inlet, (now that it's disconnected) put you a fan there pushing fresh air into the closet space, instead of just the tube. That way the whole closet stays cool. The way your doing it (inlet, wise) would work great if the grow space was bigger in size.
p.s. a humidifier will help keep temps down as well. New plants love humidity set to like 40 or 50. Here's a link to my humidfier pics. 9th post down. White walls, I believe work better than mylar but I could be wrong.
Just click here. Here's some mo' GREEN MOJO fo' ya' homie"

jibba069 said:
What type of exhaust and inlet do have?
My exhaust fan is in the ducting right after the tube. I think i need to get a better fan for sure:rolleyes: , it's restricting the flow. No intake fan yet. The A/c is working better but it's still 75 at coldest in the house. We'll see how it goes..

Totally!:) With your new batch of LRx1 seeds, along with the info you know now, will help out with this next grow. Just fix those lil things we p.m.'d each other about, and you should be straight:)
GREEN MOJO 4 EPICENDO

all the plants I have grown has the first set of leaves that turn yellow ...I wouldnt worry about it just keep feeding them,I recomend using filtered water (arrowhead) instead of tap hope they keep growing

We're maintaining an 83- low 90's now in the hot part of the day. the light down to exactly 18" and the intake ducting removed to suck the hot air from the closet (thanks Richy-B for the advice:cool: ). I lost 4 out of 5 in the heat problem, but thankfully a buddy helped me out with some LRX1 seeds to make up for my mistake!!:D thanks bud (u know who you are) Thanks for the MOJO everyone!

Latest posts

Back