series of problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
I have here a white widow that has been under 12/12 for 6 weeks(pre flowers were visible for a week before the flip)
a few weeks ago I noticed some yellowing leafs dying and dropping off, I thought it may be that the gh 3 part may have been a little hot, I then became aware I had a high pH problem that was more likely the culprit, tho the pH has since been corrected but she shows no signs of improved health, I sprayed the leafs with some Epsom salt water thinking it looked like mg deficiency, still no improvement Im at a loss and dont know what else to do, can I still turn this one around or am I at a total loss?

DSCF3129.JPG

DSCF3130.JPG

week6?....im guessin good ol N def....

That girl looks like she needed more N in veg.

Most definitely NOT a total loss. Just keep doin what your doing. Many many mj plants begin to fade near the end. I've had some completey yellow and lose almost all their leaves in the final weeks. Everytime I harvested nice buds that turned out to be great smoke.

Just hang in there. . .

OGKushman said:
week6?....im guessin good ol N def....

That girl looks like she needed more N in veg.

:yeahthat:

I wldnt say it is a total loss.....but she does look like she spent some time with not enough N. You shld still get some good smoke off her.

I am pretty sure that it is a N deficiency, also. It is not unusual for leaves to yellow and fall off during late flowering. What have you been feeding her?

Do not spray your buds with anything this late in flowering--that is just asking for problems.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am pretty sure that it is a N deficiency, also. It is not unusual for leaves to yellow and fall off during late flowering. What have you been feeding her?

Do not spray your buds with anything this late in flowering--that is just asking for problems.

lately she is only being watered and not fed due to the fact that I thought I was burning her, my nutes are general hydroponics 3 part mixed 1-2-3 (for flower) should I feed some N?

emuman said:
lately she is only being watered and not fed due to the fact that I thought I was burning her, my nutes are general hydroponics 3 part mixed 1-2-3 (for flower) should I feed some N?

Question....how do you mix your nutes? If you don't mix them correctly you won't get the correct amounts available to your plants....the Micro (brown) gets mixed in the water first...then the others one at a time. Just a thought....because I use GH 3 part myself and don't have many issues with yellowing.

Hamster Lewis said:
Question....how do you mix your nutes? If you don't mix them correctly you won't get the correct amounts available to your plants....the Micro (brown) gets mixed in the water first...then the others one at a time. Just a thought....because I use GH 3 part myself and don't have many issues with yellowing.

yeah I mixed it correctly, is it possible the N got locked out because of the previously mentioned pH issue?

emuman said:
yeah I mixed it correctly, is it possible the N got locked out because of the previously mentioned pH issue?

It is possible I guess....N is available in soil from a ph of 6 to 7 I believe...if I am reading the chart correctly....

It's N for sure... but at six weeks I'd almost let it go! (especially if an early finisher; 8-9 weeks) Naturally depleting N is actually good for your final products taste/aroma! I'd keep doing what you're doing; not convinced this is a problem at all!:D

edit: a second look at your photos and I notice the yellowing is all the way to the top... May want to hit her with one more dose of grow nutes and now! So it'll have a change to deplete again before harvest! Hope this helps!

alright that will work, thanks for reassuring me, I appreciate it

That definitely looks like N lockout from ph inbalance. My partner had the same problem with his second grow. He was too cheap to buy a ph meter and paid the price with chasing the same looking plants to a weak finish. Fortunately for yu is that yu discovered yer problem. I am not overly experienced but I would agree with Gixx that another dose of grow should perk her up. It may extend yer flower time a bit but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hey THG; that White widow looks like it would be a good producer under scrog. I have some White Russian beans that I was wondering about which method to crack them under. What'ya think?

Hushpuppy said:
Hey THG; that White widow looks like it would be a good producer under scrog. I have some White Russian beans that I was wondering about which method to crack them under. What'ya think?

I've been considering a scrog for my next round and because of that doing a lot of reading on it. I was thinking of doing a screen of blue cheese or blue dream because I thought that you would want a branching strain for a scrog. I have a few white widow going now and they are mostly main stem with very little branching. As is the specimen shown above. Seems to me they would be nice in a sog but not so nice for a scrog. . .

Am I incorrect in this hypothesis?

I am new too this forum, i have been cultivation from past two years,
have you started flushing, during flowering period, you have to change your cycle. I do 12 hour light and 12 hour dark cycle..
Maintain temperature 75 to 80 Fahrenheit,
Also there should be proper air-circulation....

Gartner said:
I am new too this forum, i have been cultivation from past two years,
have you started flushing, during flowering period, you have to change your cycle. I do 12 hour light and 12 hour dark cycle..
Maintain temperature 75 to 80 Fahrenheit,
Also there should be proper air-circulation....

welcome and thank you for taking the time

no, I have not "started flushing", I was under the impression that flushing was to be done just prior to harvest, also you asked if I "started flushing" rather than if I had flushed implying that its a process to take place over a period of time?

yes, light cycle is currently 12 on 12 off but before that it was on 24/7

my lights on temp is approximately mid to upper 70's and lights out temp gets a little cool, approximately low to mid 60's

I do have a vent fan that runs if temps get higher than 85, I also have a "desk fan" that runs while the lights are on

this is my first time growing WW, and it seems to me that Im just not that familiar with indica strains, my previous grow started yellowing and losing leafs during the last 3 weeks, but this was after 10+ weeks of flowering

Latest posts

Back