Shade Canopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffsta

Reaction score
I grow inside with a DWC hydro unit. I have some AK47 auto flowering seeds that I want to grow outside. I live in a dry, hot climate. Most of the summer it will remain in the high 90's to 107*. I want to install a shade cloth over the plants to protect them from burning. What percentage should I use??
The cloths come in 10% up to 95% of sunblock.
Thanks

I don't know what percentage, but it's a good idea. I have a greenhouse and use sheets of the plastic shade cloth over the top to keep temps down. Mine are red and orange and yellow, not black because it absorbs heat. It cuts light, but not bad enough that the plants don't thrive. Outdoor growers that live in areas with a big hot sun blasting all summer long definetly need to use something to keep the plants cool enough. Remember though that those autos need alot of light, good luck.

Welcome Poppy. Is that something you use? Looks cool. I see you are form Mendocino California. Do you grow outside?

Goodbye Poppy. Nothing like a spammer and a smartass.

Yep,,but he was trying to sell his red canopy and wasn't looking at the date.

Latest posts

Back