she ready yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peruvian skunk

Reaction score
please guys let me know this is my 1st harvest.. to me she looks ready.. but i dont know.. im so close i dont want to mess it up she started flowering the 18th of december actually.. its 2 plants.. thanks for the input

pickin time 002.jpg

pickin time 003.jpg

pickin time 006.jpg

Yo Ho peruvian skunk,
Get yourself a decent magnifying glass, and take a good look at the trichs.
You will see what looks like a drop of liqued at the tip. This is when you have to decide what type of high your chasing. The range is simple;
1. clear
2. cloudy
3. amber
The most important factor in harvest is timing for peak THC production.
in order to do this you must observe the trichomes (or trichs), which is the technical name for the crystally bits that cover your leaves and calyxes (calyxes are the bud bits that the hairs grow out from)

first, (unless you are able to move your plant without risk of damage) select a small side bud and clip it off at the stem. then take it out of the growroom and into natural (but not direct) light. aim for flat but bright light, like sunlight reflected off a white wall.

get your magnifying glass (30X jewelers loupe is good, and only about US$20 off the net) , and have a good look at the trichomes from the side-on. Look for the ones like this : ======() and observe the colour of the head (cannabinoid secretions) and wait till around 50% of the capitated stalked trichomes have turned colour from clear to milky/amber. this will give the best all round high.

If you prefer a stronger "body-stone" then wait till more of the trichs have turned colour as the ones which matured first will be breaking down THC into CBD which gives more of a body stone.

If you only like Uppy buzzes, and want to avoid a body stone, then harvest once maybe 20-30% of the trichs have turned colour.

the smoke harvested early or late will not be as potent as the plant harvested at the point of peak THC production.

hope that this helps dude

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

what if the trichs are purple in color?? i just went and looked with the mag glass i have couldnt tell anything.. plus i dont really know what im looking for ordered a new mag glass but it will be here in 2 weeks...can i wait that long? can anyone tell me chop them down or to wait some more

thanks again

peruvian skunk said:
what if the trichs are purple in color?? i just went and looked with the mag glass i have couldnt tell anything.. plus i dont really know what im looking for ordered a new mag glass but it will be here in 2 weeks...can i wait that long? can anyone tell me chop them down or to wait some more

thanks again

you need at least 30x magnifier to see the trichome heads.
And its hard to tell from pictures, look a bit young to me but as I said you really cant tell.

Do you know the strain?

Its real easy to harvest to soon, you start to get itchy for that bud.

king you really take care of you fellow forum users.....

I love you bro !!! we need more people like you king.

and shunk...i would say it looks like its ready to harvest....but you do want to harvest at the peak of THC production.....
so try to get a good mag..... best of luck.
your plants look great btw :)

Hey there Hookah,
Yeah I got lucky and found these. I found enough to be able to show what clear, cloudy, and amber trichs look like. Makes you just want to stick your tongue out and lick the screen don't it. LMAO
Thanks for the kind words Bro.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Looks too young to me, how long has it been since you first saw hairs pop out?

Very colourful!! Looks Nearly done!!!:clap: I`d have to recommend leavn it a little while longer though. Enjoy!!:aok:

Hey peruvian, by now you should be up and harvested huh? i just wanted to stop and say how beautiful your plants turned out. That pink and purple color really looks great bro. congrats on an amazing looking grow.

for real, kahuna slayed this question.. bookmarking the thread in my "weed" folder of bookmarks.. lol

Latest posts

Back