shoots rnt growing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moregreen

Reaction score
hello i have just joined and also know very little and want to learn but i have cut 2 shoots of 1 on each side and at the cut it is browinsh and doesnt look good will shoots still grow or can it be permanent damage? its been about 4 days.

i am scared i may have really damaged the plant or shoots wont grow back..any coments or opinions would be great dont know what to think thanks... unfortunately no pics

That's tough w/o pics because you're making it sound bad. My gut is to say that it is normal drying/healing, as this is usually a light beige color & dry & hard/brittle. If it is mushy, darkish, wet and/or anything white or w color growing, then you have some sort of rot. I doubt this latter scenario though... should be fine, but a pic will go a long way in confirming. Best.

thanks for replying i will hopefully get a cam soon but it is almost like a dark brown and there has been no growth in 4 days it seems to look really bad to me and starting to think the worst. can serious damage have been done?

Truthfully, I can't fully picture what you've done.

If you just clipped back the growing shoots entirely, nothing will grow there again, regardless of rot.

If you clipped the tip of the shoot but left nodes below, then those nodes will push up to be the new shoots.

I've seen a guy completely cut back all of his growing shoots at the nodes to each fan leaf... he left no new growing tips... even cut the main stalk thinking he was topping it... funny stuff, kinda. Nothing but stalk & fan leaves. Hope this isn't the case with your baby...? Pics brah, even if by cam-phone.

I'm with Bob--from your description, I do not have a clue as to what you even really did. This posts needs pictures for us to be of help.

finally got pics!! i hope someone can tell the problem there not the greatest but the cuts arnt growing there all dark brown around where the cut was made.... and if theres anything the plants should get please let me know thanks. also leaves are dark and stems are red..

all i see are white boxes wit red X's in em . no pix man. hmmmm?

for some reason i cant post?! or im doing it wrong i am clicking insert image.. and red x keeps coming...??

go down to go advanced on the reply box, then scroll down to where it says manage attachments, after you click on that a box will come up and you can attach images... Make sure the format and size are compatible with the web site...

Where it was cut looks normal dont sweat it... "shoots" will still grow... The plant looks like PH of the soil is wrong and it sure looks like it has nutrient burn.. I would feed that PH balanced water for a couple weeks then give it 1/2 the nutrients you have been giving it...

DON'T CLIP ANY MORE!! Leave them alone! And the purple stems means its too cold. Turn down the A.C.

Your fine man, I clip and bend even bend branches until they fold... It will recover fine... I train my plants to fill up my space so I put mine through some bondage to get there...

alright thanks i was really worrying, is the more light the better?

Yes as long as you can control the heat..

Latest posts

Back