shortbus outdoor grow 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
i guess this summer is a good a time as ever to pop my outdoor cherry. this summer i'll be running 1 cali connection boss hogg. she's about 6-8 weeks old, and currently sitting in a 5 gal smart pot. already been sexed and topped once. i'll be transplanting her into the dirt tomorrow, so i'll make sure i snap a few photo's.

the plan was to dig a big *** hole and fill it with a custom TLO soil. i got a question for the OD experts. how big of a hole do you think i need? 10-15gal?
just trying to get a close idea before i go out and buy my base and amendments :48:

:ciao:....3 times the size of container....3 foot deep or better...Cant wait to see the show...

:48:

I'll be pullin up a chair if ya don't mind Short. Contemplating putting a few extra clones OD my self. Mojo to ya

all are welcome, always.

glad to have you on board MB. wish i could cut a few clones, and add them. my state has an mj program, but hasn't decriminalized yet. which is why i'm only running 1 larger plant. thanks for the mojo :D

thanks for the reply 4u, and im glad your on board. :48:

2/3 of a 1.5cf bag of ffof fills a 5gal smart pot. which looks to be 14"-16" in diameter, and about 12"-14" high.

base:
1.5 cf bag ffof
.5 cf perlite
.5 cf wormcastings

which will give me roughly 3 5gal smarties. i wont be mixing any amendments globally, since they'll have no time to cook. but i will be spiking and layering heavily. as well as monthly tea's.

i'm expecting good things too. the boss hogg was a freebie, but after vegging her indoors for almost 2 months. i get the feeling she's gonna put out for me.
about 2 weeks after she got topped early on. i tied down the 4 tops to spread her out, and split her down the middle of the main shoot about a 1/2 inch. gave her a nice duct tape cast, and she bounced back in about 3 weeks. i was worried too, the injury was pretty bad. all of the growth was slowly yellowing and eventually browning and dying. for the first week or so.

got her in a nice corner of the back yard. she's backed up to a 6' white vinyl fence to her north and west :cool: .

i'm so excited. i thought i'd be drooling over everyone else OD grow this summer. now i gots my own :woohoo:

Glad to hear you nursed her back to health. Sorry if I missed it but did you harden her off at all before puttin her in the ground?

she's been outside for about 4 days now. only getting about 3-6hrs of direct light a day

transplant day!

i know i been putting this off for longer then expected. but we had some crazy weather in the northeast over the last few days. figured it be best to wait it out.

mixed up my base into a tote last night. gathered my amendments together. will post later with pics of her in her final home :48:

i've been extremely busy, but finally here are some photo's off my one and only OD girl

- cali connect. boss hogg 11-13weeks old

lots more pics in the future. finally got my camera issues worked out.

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4963.jpg

:ciao:

looking nice and green

thanks 4u and rose. i'm thinking about bending over those 6-7 tall shoots. keep her more of a bush instead of a tree :48:

why not top them a few times???...

went out and bought a large tomato cage, and tied her up. she's having trouble holding her weight when she's wet, b/c of her previous injuries. i took that as a sign that when she flower's she'll have even more trouble then she is now.

cut about 20 clones. gonna try to root 10 or so now. i already have a buyer lined up at 20$ a pop for rooted clones. gonna keep the rest in a freezer bag in the fridge till i get the indoor room up and running again.

photo.jpg

photo.1.000.jpg

yo short bus i have kept clones in the fridge submerged in water for weeks and had no issues with rooting

and i topped the 7-8 main shoots as well

DrFever said:
yo short bus i have kept clones in the fridge submerged in water for weeks and had no issues with rooting

good, makes me even more hopeful for success
\
thanks for stopping by Dr. and meba

How did I miss this thread? Outdoor plants always look so beautiful, congrats. I love that you plant in your landscape, I do as well, but I stay in smart pots, for mobility.

cubby said:
How did I miss this thread? Outdoor plants always look so beautiful, congrats. I love that you plant in your landscape, I do as well, but I stay in smart pots, for mobility.

i think i would too if i had 15gal+ smarties, but unfortunately i do not have them this year. not only that, but the top of the 6ft fence is my height limit. trying to keep her out of sight best as possible. :48:

Latest posts

Back