Shortest time for veg??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybuds

Reaction score
Whats the shortest time you can veg before you go to flower?? i wold like to go to flower when my plants are three weeks old,is this ok??

Merry Christmas:D

anytime you want.the plant will not reach maturity until it is ready anyway.i put the 1 cryxtal plant i have into flower at 5-6 inches tall and she is now over 4 ft tall.its in the genetics as to how each individual strain will grow.most all plants will double and triple their growth in flower.this damn plant is a freak or something.she did not stretch either.just a fat,tall lady.just realize your height allowances.i put all my plants in at under a foot tall.in dwc they grow alot faster than soil.hope this helps some.

Thanks andy.so far i'm going to try it at 3 weeks and see what happens.

UKgirl420 said:
yep when ever you want ,,,im doing 12/12 from seed,,,:48:

Please let us know how it works out for you:48:

Friend-of-a-friend said:
Wont that grow take forever??????

:confused:

Growing 12/12 from seed if probably the fastest way to get bud (other than autoflowering strains). However, the plants will not start budding until they are sexually mature. This is generally done where height is an issue. Plants grown 12/12 from seed are very small and usually only yield a fraction of an oz.or so, so you plant more per sq ft.

johnnybuds said:
Please let us know how it works out for you:48:

its in my journal
ukgirls blue mystic
link below

as the hemp goddess said ...it the quickest way to get bud ,,,the exact reason im doing it ,,,but i do normally like to veg ,,its all in the gj ,,,feel free to visit and coment :hubba:

The Hemp Goddess said:
:confused:

Growing 12/12 from seed if probably the fastest way to get bud (other than autoflowering strains). However, the plants will not start budding until they are sexually mature. This is generally done where height is an issue. Plants grown 12/12 from seed are very small and usually only yield a fraction of an oz.or so, so you plant more per sq ft.

hi goddess, i havent posted on here in a few months, cause i recently moved cross the country. but, if any of u can recall, i posted a grow of 12/12 from seed using bagseed, that i lstd, on here in aug. i never put up the final totals, but i got excellent results. the final yield was almost 7ozs dry between the 2 plants! i'll probably never do 12/12 from seed again, cause i probably woulda gotten even more if it werent for the time restraints. but i was ultimately impressed with the yield. and it only took i think 9 wks total from seed.

old blue said:
hi goddess, i havent posted on here in a few months, cause i recently moved cross the country. but, if any of u can recall, i posted a grow of 12/12 from seed using bagseed, that i lstd, on here in aug. i never put up the final totals, but i got excellent results. the final yield was almost 7ozs dry between the 2 plants! i'll probably never do 12/12 from seed again, cause i probably woulda gotten even more if it werent for the time restraints. but i was ultimately impressed with the yield. and it only took i think 9 wks total from seed.

That is an incredible yield, especially from a 12/12 from seed grow.

i had put mine to 12/12 at three weeks and mine look good to me. plus if your not using a mh bulb in veg i think its kind of limited because mine took of like corvettes once i went 12/12.

Hi HG, have to disagree. I've grown hundreds of plants from 12/12. All show sex within 3 weeks. As for yield being a fraction of an ounce, you're way off the mark. Have you ever grown this way before ?

but i was ultimately impressed with the yield. and it only took i think 9 wks total from seed.

If you harvested at 9 weeks you harvested too early, old blue. There's no way a plant can be ready in 9 weeks from seed.

Runbyhemp said:
Hi HG, have to disagree. I've grown hundreds of plants from 12/12. All show sex within 3 weeks. As for yield being a fraction of an ounce, you're way off the mark. Have you ever grown this way before ?

If you harvested at 9 weeks you harvested too early, old blue. There's no way a plant can be ready in 9 weeks from seed.
... Runbyhemp , you are the real deal , I believe you actually grow ... Thanks for the great info Dude ... Stop by sometime , I'll twist one up for us ...

im trying the 12/12 now.i dont have lights powerfull enough to let them veg like others do.we shall see what happens.it looks good so far.

old blue said:

7 ounces 12/12 from seed with two plants? I'm skeptical....

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
7 ounces 12/12 from seed with two plants? I'm skeptical....

i was skeptical too, until i put em on the scale for the total. u dont have to believe me, i have nothing to gain, i'm just telling my experience with 12/12. This could've been a fluke, i have no idea what the genetics were, but looked to be sativa dom, cause even with doing only 12/12, they kept growing and growing as i kept lst'n them. Do a search of my posts, and you'll see pics. i forget what i titled the thread tho.

Runbyhemp said:

I just checked my other post and i was wrong, i chopped them at almost 10wks, and ur right, they weren't fully ready (25%clear/75%cloudy). But i had no choice, cause i was moving across the country and obviously couldn't take them with me. ;-) Actually at the time, i had a small "trainwreck" plant and auto ak47x lowryder 2 growing, and only started growing the 2 bagseed, cause i had sum extra room in the cab and just wanted to gain some more experience and try the lst technique for future grows. I wasnt expecting to harvest them, and totally not expecting to harvest that amount, but they turned out better than expected and i learned alot.

Btw, i harvested the "trainwreck" at 7 wks, while 100% cloudy, and its the best and most potent ive ever smoked. And that was only after 2wks veg from clone. I only got 1 1/4 oz. from her, but she was fully mature. i've heard people saying less than an oz per plant from 12/12 is average, but from experience, that isn't always the case. Just like on average, u may get 2-3 ozs from the normal plant, while others get 10-15 ozs. I dont think there is a norm for yield, there are too many factors. Unless ur taking clones and using the same genetics each time, u never know what that lil seed will produce. She just may surprise u. ;-)

Runbyhemp said:
Hi HG, have to disagree. I've grown hundreds of plants from 12/12. All show sex within 3 weeks. quote]

I have plants that are under the 12/12 and at the end of two weeks i know one of my 12 plants is a male:holysheep: .i bet i know how many girls i have by the end of the thred week the way its looking:D :hubba:

i just started a 12/12 grow myself, and so far, have been very shocked by the speed of growth, already have about four inches, also doing lst. will let you guys know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back