should i feed my plants.look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Alright my plants were planted on june 4th so they are between the 4th and 5th week of veg. Last time I game them half strength of big bloom and the watering before that I gave them 1/4 strength of big bloom and grow big. I plan to veg for 6 weeks. I have not flushed my plants, I planned to flush right before flowering.. I'm using ff ocean soil. Today is watering day, should I feed, if so, what strength? Or should I just use normal water, or flush?
Thanks guys!

If you don't see signs of nute burn, then go ahead and feed them. Grow Big and Big Bloom aren't very potent fertilizers, in my opinion.

Remind me again why you're flushing--what results are you expecting?

Are the tips of your leaves yellowed or browned? If not, refer to question #1.

I do FFOF and all 6 FF nutes, but only feed every other watering. My results haven't sucked.

Peace and luck.

HEY R999,

Wasn't it just a couple of days ago you were concerned that you've been feeding them too much and we suggested just watering them the next few feeds, each time when the soil is thoroughly dry and then either:

Water, Water, Water, Repeat... (editor's CHOICE!;) )

or

Feed, Water, Water, Feed, Water, Water, Repeat...

or

Feed, Water, Water, Feed, Water, Repeat...

or

Feed, Water, Feed, Water, Repeat...? :confused:

It's easy to love them too much. Try to resist feeding nutes unless they look like they need it. I think you mentioned in one of your posts that you were using Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil, right? Imho you don't need to feed them anything until you're in flower. There's plenty of rich organic NPK and trace elements and minerals right in your soil. Those worm castings in FFOF are all the N you need right now... MAYBE a nute supplement feeding every few weeks to give them a wider spectrum nute boost but you'll more than likely slow their growth down if you over feed, especially if you have any strains or phenos of a strain that don't like full strength nutes like White Widow for example...

If you're vegging just give them water and ONLY when the soil surface dries out even if that takes many days. The better you balance letting them get nice and thirsty with your watering routine the more root production you'll have... and you know what that means? Yup! Another baby step closer to that 1 lb grow you're shooting for whether it's this time around or in a future grow.

Rock ON!:headbang2:

ya man we talked about right as I posted this thread I believe. thanks for everyones response!
Ya I usually let them go 5 days without water, and on the 5th day the leaves are telling me they need water.. this past watering I waited until the 5th day but they were drooping much more so.. so I might have to water on the 4th day.. guess Ill just check the soil and keep a careful eye on the leaves.. this feeding I went half dose, last I went half, time before I went 1/4..
I just put them into flowering today and they are 5wks and 1 day old..

I plan to water on Monday or Tuesday with regular water, but does anyone think I should give extra water to flush out some of the nutrients or salt buildup perhaps? Soil is fox farm ocean forest.
dirtyol south I do plan to water, feed, water, feed or water, water, feed,etc. Same goes for flowering right, they dont need feed every watering during flowering right?

Thanks guys!

Hi R999...

I don't think there's any need for flushing copious amounts of water through your containers, just try to discipline yourself to only supplement the nutes less often... Maybe every few weeks and then use it at half strength. If you follow a regiment of giving them plenty of plain water with occasional nutes, buildup shouldn't be a problem. The soil will perform for you. Good stuff. It really sounds like you're dialing in on your plant's needs and that's when you feel like you're really getting somewhere in understanding what this is all about. Every strain and all the possible phenos each have their own specific needs that enable the plant to do it's best. The plants always tell us what they need. It's up to us to listen and learn how to respond.

Peace!:cool:

:holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: HOLY F***....... Are you saying you give your plant nutes every watering???????

u need to water, water, nutes, water, water, nutes. etc...

im surprrised u havent burnt the **** out of them, try a few water feedings so your plant has time to use up all the nutes it has stored away! then give 1/2 strength bloom nutes again!

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
:holysheep: :holysheep: :holysheep: HOLY F***....... Are you saying you give your plant nutes every watering???????

u need to water, water, nutes, water, water, nutes. etc...

im surprrised u havent burnt the **** out of them, try a few water feedings so your plant has time to use up all the nutes it has stored away! then give 1/2 strength bloom nutes again!
soil or hydro? i believe in hydro plants are fed every watering.

ya I fed 3x in a row.. 1st time was 1/4 strength, 2nd and 3rd time was 1/2 strength..
tonight i just watered them w/ correct ph.. I think ill do the same next time.. they are requiring water a day or so early now..
this is their first week of flowering and I believe I saw some preflowers today on one.. Im keepin my eye out for balls though!

So even when they are in flowering I should at the most water, feed, water, feed, and then flush the last week right?
To be clear, I should not feed every watering during flowering right?

Un-uh. Even FF suggests feeding every other watering.

And I'm a FF nazi--do it or else I'll send Seargent Schultz by to see you.

Have you seen this? I keep this with my calendar:
hXXp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

yes at most you should only feed nutes atleast every other feeding, if not ever other 2 feedings, you need to give time for the roots to feed on there stored away nutes! your plant stores aways nutes and uses them when they are in need! The acids and sulfate will build up eventually!! so it would be like this.....

Day 10 WATER
Day 12 WATER
day 14 NUTES
day 16 WATER
day 18 WATER
day 20 NUTES
day 22 WATER
day 24 WATER
day 26 NUTES
etc...............

and so on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes flush with correct ph water in the last 1-2 weeks before harvest!

Latest posts

Back