Sick baby needs to be transplanted..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bella420

Hippy Peace Lovin Chica
Reaction score
I have a chemically burned plant (grrrrr MG is horrible!!) that needs really to come out of that soil and go into new organic soil that I have. It is 4 weeks into flowering and I am hoping I can trasplant it into new soil without hurting it too bad. Any thoughts? I am holding off doing anything until I know if its better to replant or try to keep it in same.

How bad is the burn? Do you have any pics? Stressing it out during flower is generally a bad idea due to hermies. If the burn is severe, I would definitely transplant and see what happens. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
How bad is the burn? Do you have any pics? Stressing it out during flower is generally a bad idea due to hermies. If the burn is severe, I would definitely transplant and see what happens. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.
I don't think its too bad but I don't want it to get any worse... I am charging my camera battery now so will post a pic in the AM if ok thanks for all the help!!!

Are you using any nutes at the moment? If so, definitely back off the nutes and give it a good flush. Some pics would help us though. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Bella420 said:
I have a chemically burned plant (grrrrr MG is horrible!!) that needs really to come out of that soil and go into new organic soil that I have. It is 4 weeks into flowering and I am hoping I can trasplant it into new soil without hurting it too bad. Any thoughts? I am holding off doing anything until I know if its better to replant or try to keep it in same.

You say its 4 weeks into flower, has this condition only just shown itself? if so, you yourself have over fed it, a flush and no nutes for a week will bring it back in line.
How old is the plant from seed?

HippyInEngland said:
You say its 4 weeks into flower, has this condition only just shown itself? if so, you yourself have over fed it, a flush and no nutes for a week will bring it back in line.
How old is the plant from seed?
It was put in the soil with a sprout on March 10th and I am just waiting now for their light cycle to kick in so I can take some pics. Thanks for all the help :)

here are the pics of the burn... please tell me its salvagable!!
Ugh I hope I uploaded right... <<newbie to pic posting...
attachment.php
attachment.php

sick1.jpg

sick2.jpg

So I flushed her real good and now I am just waiting to see if she will repair herself... Fingers crossed all!! :)

Hey there Bella,
You really don't want to disturb the roots if you can help it at all. While flowering they're finicky about being moved. They don't look as bad as they might. Wait a week or so just flushing with distilled water. You don't want any other chems or salts getting in there until they've recovered. They should bounce back fine, just be patient and give them TLC.:)

That doesn't look too severe, Bella. These plants can take a lot. There's still a lot of green on there. I have a plant in week 5-6 that looks much worse, but the buds are ok.
The leaves won't likely repair, but we should see the effect halting. Guess they mixed that bag of soil a little too hot, if you haven't added anything. There seems to be a consistency problem with MG chemical soil. I've used it several times without a burn, but I think their quality control is a little off resulting in these random situations.
I think the plant will finish fine, keep us posted.
Hey what a coincidence, we all live in McStonerville too! [COLOR]

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt MG soil release nutes every time you water? I dont know why people even mess that crap. Spend a couple extra dollars and get some decent soil. I think its worth the investment. Ive burnt plants a lot worse than that so I think you will be just fine. Looks awesome other than the burn, what strain is she?

im having the same problem from MG soil. good luck. listen to smokey good advise for sure

maineharvest said:
Correct me if im wrong but doesnt MG soil release nutes every time you water? I dont know why people even mess that crap. Spend a couple extra dollars and get some decent soil. I think its worth the investment. Ive burnt plants a lot worse than that so I think you will be just fine. Looks awesome other than the burn, what strain is she?
I will never EVER use MG for anything again... After this first grow I am going totally organic!! I bought some foxfarms nutes and other organic stuff so 2nd time hopefully will be smoother. First time for anything is rough though!!
To answer your question, I am shamed to say I have no idea what strain... this is bag seed but it was some of the best stuff I had in a long time so we will see...
If anyone can eyeball and tell me what strain it is that would be awesome but I don't think u can just tell by looking... I wish!!

Latest posts

Back