sick seedling! help me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
hey guys this is a pic of my only plant left. its 5 days old, and the tips of its leaves are turning yellow, its about 83 degrees in the box, and im using purified water. i think the yellowing started when i put it in my FF ocean forest soil? what do you think is causing this problem? and do you think she(hopefully) is growing slow?

thank you for the help

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

I have similar yellow tips on one of mine. I looked it up and best I can tell is it is the beginning stage of nute burn. I stopped my nutes and am just giving water when dry. So far, it's no worse, been four days. I found pics in the resources section. I am not familiar with that soil. Any nutes in it? Did you add any?

ya thats what my first thought was nute burn! but i am not using any nutes.... thats why im confused. and i want to fix the problem before it gets worse

Do you adjust the ph of your water,if so to what?Meter,dipstrip,drops?What is the ph of your soil?Whats the ppm of your soil?

i dont have a ppm meter so idk, i have a hanna ph meter but idk how to test the ph of my soil... and no i havent adjusted the ph of my water yet. its purified so id say the ph of my water is 7.0, to adjust my ph can i just buy some liquid ph up/down and add it to the water till i get it to say 6.5?

sorry for my ignorance on this subject btw lol im still learning

Inorder to check the ph of the soil(run off) check the ph before you water water the root mass(not the outside of the container,but the center where the roots are).Give her a good amount,now see the water comming out the bottom,catch it in a cup or so(get the beginning of the run off,not the end)Now read that.What is it?
yes ,liquid ph is best up/down.Now if your soil is not in opt. range(6.2-6.8)adjust s l o w l y.I.E. if your soil is 7.2 you might consiter adjusting your next water to around 6.2(I recomend no more than 1 . @ a time)

I had the exact same thing happen to my ww and Hindu kush seedlings in FF OF and I just let it ride. They will be ok. It may even happen to the next set of leaves to, to transplant now in my opinion won't be beneficial. That FF stuff is good. Just give them some time. All the ph advise you are getting is invaluable also. In my opinion maybe one of the most important variables in growing MJ. Good luck. Wanna see how my girls are livin nowhttp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41308?One other thing... you said it was your only plaant left. What happened to the rest of them?

Haha thanks bro I'm still trying! I have 2 calibrate my meter n ill do that!

Thank you jman! That's great to here! I'm a lil busy with my gf rite now but ill check out your grow later tonight or tomorrow. And I germed 5 of these durban poison and 4 wilted over and died. Idk I think I let the cubes get to dry but this lil girl made it.

But also do you think she's growin ok? Or do you think she is a little slow for her age?

Maybe a little small for her age, but just wait till she really roots in the FF. Its some good soil just watch your PH, and its good for about 3 1/2 weeks no ferts needed. Just get a good organic N fert. A sick plant fell out of the sky into my hands, I put it in FF and Its gonna be real nice to me come harvest time.One more thing the ph of OF is buffered, but closely monitor what you put in, and the soil will do the rest. Also I know some alot of people are not fans of germinating in soil, but I will never do it any other way. Just plant in the dirt and wait for it to pop.

Lol thanks guys for making me feel better! K I'm gona order some ph up\down tomorrow. With a 2foot t5 setup as well I think. K well I have superthrive and the trio of foxfarm nutes (big bloom. Grow big. And tiger bloom or w.e) and yeah I think I'm going to try and pop my next 5 in soil instead of the rockwool. I dnt rle like it

Big Bloom is good stuff.. I use TB to but have been having problems with its low PH. Using aquarium PH up and down. The product states that it is safe for plants so I'm gonna try it. Its very cheap 5 bucks.

hey im new on the site, u said that the others died cause of dry cubes...if she was a bit dry that could be the cause of her yellow tips. i think she would be fine now cause of the soil she's in...peace

TokeWithHope said:
i think the yellowing started when i put it in my FF ocean forest soil?

I think it is just adjusting to being transplanted, looks fine. If you transplant the roots have to settle into the new home before new greenery shows up. So even though it looks like she hasn't grown in the last 5 days, there may be a lot going on under the soil.

Good luck!

jman is this aquarium ph up/down different from the stuff sold at htg supply?

mr. jew. well i think its the soil because she was fine in the cube it was the other cubes that got dry, it wasnt until i got her into the soil the tips turned a little yellow

haha thnks nyc u never fail to make me feel better!

im at my girls house now but ill see how shes doing when i get home

How is your seedling doing. Got any pics?
As for the ph up, I use HTG for all my lighting needs and other things, but I am not sure what type of ph up the have mine is API for aquariums so I doubt it.

Yo Dudes, FFOF is slightly "hot" for seedlings. Some people use FF Light Warrior or Peace Frog for seedlings because of what you just experienced.... Just a little nute burn from the FFOF soil being a little too hot for seedlings. That is all...

Jman said:
Big Bloom is good stuff.. I use TB to but have been having problems with its low PH. Using aquarium PH up and down. The product states that it is safe for plants so I'm gonna try it. Its very cheap 5 bucks.
how did this work out? im about to go buy some PH down. been meaning to for a while

well i have a CRAPload of happy frog soil and one bag of the FFOF idk y i chose to use it over the happy frog i just did. but ya jman my little girl is doing great, im seing more and more growth everyday, when i get home ill upload some pics for you guys

and this is the link for the ph down/up im thinking of getting
hxxp://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=49554
change xx to tt

and im also going to buy a 2ft 2bulb t5, and a 150w hps i think lol i have a 600w mh/hps digital ballast with reflector and bulbs and everything but i dont have room to use it

That is to bad, that little girl sure would like the MH for her veg. I used a 400 mh conversion for veg, and man did I have some little bushes. They like to stretch their legs under the HPS. Can't wait to see some pics. I'll check back later. Good to hear shes doin well. That soil is awesome. Remember if you are gonna veg for longer than 3 weeks she will need a little N boost. I suggest bat guano, or a good organic fert.

Latest posts

Back