silencing inline fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
Does anyone know a way to dampen the noise from inline fans well? normally i wouldnt care how loud they run, but im using the carbon scrubber/fan for filtering the air in a smoking lounge, and the white noise is annoying when watching TV etc. THanks

HI,

They do make duct mufflers like this that you can attach to your fan and it will dampen alot of the W-h-o-o-o-o-o-s-h... I run my ventilation fan from my attic and I suppose you could to the same if you don't mind a hole in your smoking room ceiling...:p I blow my air into a large DIY cardboard box "muffler" that I glued/lined with sound absorption sheets on the inside and it drops the upper frequencies of the w-h-o-o-s-h sound and that's probly the same frequency range that's competing with your TV when you run your fan/filter...

hXXp://www.iaqsource.com/product.php?p=suncourt_dm106&product=111138

Peace!:cool:

DuctMufffler1.jpg

DuctMufffler2.jpg

DuctMufffler3.jpg

Hey, Dos, how the heck are ya? Conveniently enough, I have a lot of w-h-o-o-s-h! I see the mesh type stuff lining the inside but is it otherwise hollow on the inside? I can't believe I've never seen these in the ducting and ventilation aisle. Sometimes I think I spend 1/4 of my life there :hubba:

Thanks, definitely worth a look.

Latest posts

Back