Single bagseed under CFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the water i put in is 6.5-6.8 after nutes are added, since i just started adding nutes.UP untill now i have just been using bottled water which seems to always be around 6.8.

i do not have a tester for the soil however. thats my next purchase.

so its starting to look much better. I hooked up my new 70w hps, and i made a cool tube out of some ductwork and some plexiglass. I got a soil ph tester and its throwing some erratic readings, it says on the instructions that if you test too soon after repotting it wont be accurate, but it seems that the needle would only settle around 5.5. so im feeding with water around 7.0 with 1/2 strength nutes.

the top two sets of leaves are growing much bigger thatn before and they are nice and dark green and smelly. not sure what else i can do at this point... heres some pics.

IMG_0719NUTES.jpg

IMG_0722NUTES.jpg

IMG_0732NUTES.jpg

IMG_0734NUTES.jpg

IMG_0735NUTES.jpg

Just let her do her thing. Good lookinf starter and set-up. A little worried about the cardboard and fire. Any way you can get plywood or something more solid? A couple of pieces of sheetrock to fit your grow maybe? Also what are you using fer reflective matereal? It almost looks like tin foil. Oh yeah and clean your room;) :D

yeh it is tinfoil. i was thinking of using 4 sheets of white posterboard. there is deff not even close to enough heat to start a fire. it stays really cool. the duct has a fan sucking out the heat.

ha! my room is messy as hell, im a slob... :D admittedly

Noo brother get some mylar or panda film! Your ladies will do alot better. I started out with tin foil and when i put up some like mylar metereal they did so much better! A sure winner is plywood painted white.

The only reason I was considering white instead of mylar is because Ive heard people say to avoid mirrors because they can create hot spots on the plants, and mylar seems very similar to a mirror IMO. but tons of people do seem to use it without trouble.... so maybe ill try it.

this bagseed is a good way for me to build up a good bag of tricks and dial in my enviroment. i just improve my setup one item at a time as needed, since im on a low budget.

p.s. chef i am jealous of how fast and lushes your young kush babies are compared to my plant :(

go fer the mylar if u can find it. Once you get things dialed in you'll beat me out no problem!

Mylar and mirrors are in NO way the same. Use either mylar, panda film, or something you can paint FLAT white. Also, those soil pH meters are worthless. Well actually, they are worse than useless, because they do not work and people think they do and so depend on them. Get rid of it and get a decent digital pH meter.

if it's had that much trouble and it's only that big after 30 days i personally would start over but, you may wanna see if you can nurse it back as a learning curve...normaly, at 30 days they are ready to be cloned or flowered..jmo...i killed many seedlings before i learned what NOT to do lol..

and listen to hemp goddess...she knows more than i do.

PUFF MONKEY said:
if it's had that much trouble and it's only that big after 30 days i personally would start over

A week ago i was feeling that way but after about 4 days of HPS lighting(70w) and a light nute solution it seems to be flourishing. it grew the largest set of leaves on the plant in 2.5 days.

im not giving up.

The Hemp Goddess said:
those soil pH meters are worthless. Well actually, they are worse than useless, because they do not work and people think they do and so depend on them. Get rid of it and get a decent digital pH meter.

I cant spend $50+ on digital ph meter. not for 1 or 2 plants...
i mut dont have the money.

i think i will just have to get the ph test kit where you put a sample of the soil in a little test container and add some stuff to test the soil. it only tests like 10 times but i need an accurate reading at a low cost.

thanks for all the feedback so far!

so after about a week under a 70w hps and light nutes, its improved so much. its like a "real" plant now. I still have leaves that are twisting a little less than 90 degrees... ph is still an issue i think but im using 7.0 water to try and balance out my soil.

plant3.jpg

size.jpg

side.jpg

i have 2 of those meters in my soil, they are worthless. I picked up a milwaukee ph600 meter, $20 new. works great.

so its growing pretty quick now but im seeing signs of light green/yellowing between the veins. and seeing purple stems. I cant believe that this soil ph issue just wont go away.

what would be the effect of feeding with water ph'd to 7.5'ish to try to balance my soil.

should I consider a flush. what do i do?

_MG_0827yellowing.jpg

_MG_0830yellowing.jpg

_MG_0831yellowing.jpg

_MG_0833yellowing.jpg

So....

I just noticed that my secondary undergrowth has flourished and appears to have alternating nodes. question is, does the main top growthis not alternating yet. is the undergrowth alternating enough?

look at the pics and let me know what ya think.

IMG_0902nodes.jpg

IMG_0903nodes.jpg

IMG_0906nodes.jpg

IMG_0907nodes.jpg

I see alternating nodes alright. The secondaries always show first for me. Your plant is over four weeks old, so your plant is right on track.

nice, i think im gonna flower soon and try to keep it small.

I have some seeds I want to purchase so I cant wait to get going on my next grow.

its 39 days into veg, today.

About the foil.. Some wise Moderator once told me that there is no such thing as getting "HOT SPOTS" from foil. I myself used to you is it when I first started growing. But do yourselfa favor and get some panda film, its pretty cheap and much more reflective. By the way best of luck with the rest of your grow.

Latest posts

Back