skydiving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedutchmaster3

Pot smoker extraordinaire
Reaction score
alright guys...well i am extremely scared of heights, i wont even go to six flags...it was my girlfriends birthday and i though it would be nice to take her skydiving...she loves that stuff, and i figured i would face my fears and do something daring...let me tell you guys, it was the craziest feeling of my life...plane ride up was very scary, but once you are in the door of the plane at 15,000 feet, there is no time to be scared...when i landed i wanted to do it again...i am actually planning on taking classes and getting certified myself...it was definately worth every penny i payed for it and all the anticipation, and i would highly recommend it to anyone here looking for something crazy to do

So....i see my buddy one day and his arm was all bandaged up. He had his left arm literally wrapped in bandages from elbow to wrist. i was like, "what happened to you?".

He precedes to tell me this crazy azz story how that on his 6th solo jump his parachute got all tangled up around him!

Lucky him he had a knife clipped to his pocket and had the quick thought to use it. Of course when your falling to your death you don't exactly care about just how much flesh your cutting from your arm!

He was able to cut free and pull the reserve.

So, i'm glad you lived through a jump, but why gamble when there are PLENTY of ways to get a "rush".

I also witnessed a person fall to their death from the top of the space needle when they re-opened it for a day of jumping. Of course it was the first person to jump and every news station caught it as well as all us spectators!

I guess to me its kinda like russian roulette. Its your life though. i value mine to much.

I want to do it, I am also scared of heights.

I hate roller coasters, but I am fine with water rides lol. Like A rollercoaster going into water I can do. I was thinking of doing some gliding over water before I jump. But, just to know... like how was it first moment you were out, was there tons of wind? Could you breath? Did you yell? Was it slow? Fast? Did the ground appear to stand still? Is your girlfriend hot? JK. Did you spit? Where was your tongue in the freefall? Was there a point you thought you were going to die? How was your body reacting to a free fall? And when the cord was pulled, did it hurt? Did your body feel like it was going to slip out of harness? And landing... how was it? Was it like a feather hitting a dusty road or was it like pushing someone on the ground... or was it like hitting the ground after falling from a plane 15,000 feet up in the air?

Anyhow, sometimes i have questions.

You guys are nuts!!!! I'll stay on the ground, thank you very much!!! ;)

Prolly best of trying a go in a vertical wind tunnel first diz, aparently its pretty close (excluding the rush, the view, and the terminal velocity feeling lol)

Well its a good way to get you aquainted with the idea of free falling and its fun as hell lol, ive never skydived but ive been in a wind tunnel a coupla times and it was one of the funest feelings just floating.. hard to stay level but so fun lol, wow, id be happy just going on those all the time there awesome haha

The moment you leave the door of the airplane there is no time to be scared, you are just in awe...the wind was bearable, but while in freefall you cannot hear a thing...easy to breathe, too much fun to yell..you dont feel like you are falling...it feels like you are floating on a pillar of air...yes my girlfriend is hot...i didnt really have time to think about dying, but when the parachute opened i was real relieved...when the chute opens, it looks alot more violent than it feels...you dont feel like you are being jerked or anything, you just feel it slow you down big time...no whiplash or anything...the harness is on tight so you know you wont fall out...when you come in for landing you approach fast but when you hit the ground its really gentle...i just touched down, no stumbling or falling, just landed right on my feet...afterwards my equilibrium was thrown off, but i smoked a fatty and i got extra stoned...dont even bother with a wind tunnel, you really dont need to prepare for this man...the absolute worst part was the plane ride up, once ready to jump its very exciting

Latest posts

Back