Slow seedling growth under LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other may have good luck with them, but I simply did not. Way back when, our choices for lighting were very limited and I thought the OTT lights looked great....but they simply weren't (for me anyway). They produced pretty much like any other CFL.

Greetings

Say THG the lamps I speak of are the four foot tubes and are in no way in comparison to ony cfls I ever used. Those bulbs then were radiation sheilded and had what looked like a metal foil strip at each end. I've seen plants grow to 4 feet in no time, and compared to other lamps in its same class no competition even some t5s. The other lamps Ott made indeed were garbage, I bought a case of the cfls at a fair price but was trash made in China. The four foot lamps were US made at a cost of ,$ 25 a lamp. In my current led grow, seedlings grow slow but steady and robust, but short compared to the Ott at 3-4 times faster growth. I bought mine in 97 & I retired them in 07 ! These bulbs were mainly about spectrum over lumens. I did a Paradise seed Rox supposed to be short but grew to nearly four foot in one month and had high quality glands and leaf and incredible aroma. In comparison to what I did in the lowly Phpototron years back, they had the u shaped fluorescents and I added the then new cfls by Phillips lighting 23 w lamps made in Holland. Those were some kick *** lamps, so I did a X top light with 4 bulbs on y sockets. Growth was astounding and made tiny little trees with dozens of growth sites, good as a clone chamber for a mother . Ihmo t5s are good or your hid system.

Peace
Atomic Dog

Latest posts

Back