Small grow heater...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swalke1888

Reaction score
I am looking for a small heater that I can use in my closet grow...right now my HID light keeps it toasty enough on 24/7 but for flowering I will need a small heater. Ive been looking into dog house heaters or reptile heaters...any advise on this heater problem...

I really dont wanna use the typical 1500W space heater that you can get at Wally world

Wow! You are the first person I have ever seen that has a problem with the temps being too low. My closets always too hot. Are you sure you need a heater? What do you expect your temps to drop to during flower?

well the HID on 24/7 keeps the temps up to about 80F during the cold months, but I dont have central heating and it gets below freezing some nights so with the lights off 12 hours my babies are gonna freeze

check with your power company, my local co-op power company is selling these super efficent liquid filled radiant heaters.........lemme go get a link...

/www.pexsupply.com/categories.asp?cID=1228&brandid=

these are the ones they offer but i bet you could hunt around and find better prices.....

you could also get a small plug-in electric heater. They come really small for just one room

get an oil filled radiant heater, around 50 bucks and work great. They are the safest too.

yeah ive seen the little 1500Watt ceramic ones but for a 2ftX3ft space im thinking this is kinda overkill not to mention I dont wanna run anymore power than I have to. Have you seen any say 200W or 500W heaters?

Maybe just get a heat mat like the ones they use for cloning. You can get them in different sizes and they go under your plants. Might be more what your looking for.

my grow room is always in the low 70s...and gets in the low 60s at night, I think when I flower, I'll also get a little space heater to throw in there...

Yeah, my outdoor grow room (!) is subject to the vagaries of the weather, it's going down to 5C some nights and I do see the plants drooping first thing before the lamps come on during the day.
But being outside, I would prefer to use - if I can find one - something like a paraffin powered 'greenhouse heater' bc they are very cheap to buy and run, and also provide CO2.

ive been watchin the temps in the second bedroom last couple nights and without much heat the room gets to about 40F...these temps should slow down flowering a bunch or am I wrong???

swalke1888 said:
ive been watchin the temps in the second bedroom last couple nights and without much heat the room gets to about 40F...these temps should slow down flowering a bunch or am I wrong???

Yeah, thats too low. I had the same prob.....I just put a hot plate with a pan of water in there on low at night and it keeps the temps high enuff......I had to play around with it to figure out what was the right temp setting on the hotplate to keep the water warm but not boiling. I'm in a closet though.

Latest posts

Back