Smoked my first home-grown popcorn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmmeyer

Reaction score
I didn't start a grow journal, cuz I'm the newbie that started a grow before I found this forum. I went out and bought a bag of MiracleGro time-released potting soil and stuck some bagbeans in, under a 4ft T12 shoplight. In other words, I made just about every mistake its possible to make.

I've read and studied a tremendous amount here, and learned a LOT. I decided to continue my grow and try to fix what I could along the way, and be ready to do things better on the 2nd grow. I've been watching my one girlie very lovingly all thru this. I'm about 5.5 weeks into flower, and have some nice looking bud coming on. OK, its the very first bud I've ever grown so I can honestly say its the best so far.

I've read about sampling popcorn buds off the bottom, but decided I didn't want to do that, and prefered to be surprised at the finished product. My wife had to work yesterday and I was sitting around the house, bored outta my skull. I went in to look at the girl, and pinched a popcorn off, dried it in the nuke, and fired it up. I took two medium hits, ya know, kinda like a wine connoisseur sampling, enjoying the aroma, rolling the taste around in my mouth, etc.

First of all, the taste. Very pleasant, earthy, resinous, almost a linseed oil taste, but a very pleasant one. I sat around for about 10 mintues, waiting for the high, and figured I wasn't going to get one. I'm thinking I probably didn't have enough cloudy trics yet for a good high, etc. After about 20 minutes it hit, and I'm talking freight-train!!! Man, I haven't been that high in a LOOOONG time. I took the dog for a walk, ate some lunch and went in for a 4-hour nap. Very, very nice. My wife came home from work and I told her "Ya gotta try some of this". She took one small hit off it and immediately commented on the taste, saying it was the best of anything we've bought in the 'hood. I didn't tell her until later is was from our girl. She went in to "lay down for a few minutes before supper" and woke up two hours later. I went in to see how she was doing, and she said "I feel like I'm part of the bed and I can't move."

Are we happy with the results? Tremendously so. I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has posted all the instructions, tips, advice on here. Best danged hobby I've ever had. Now, I'm going to have a seriously hard time waiting for the chop day.

Tremendous post. It's a great feeling, isn't it? Enormously empowering. Welcome to the club, dude.

Sounds good Wmmyer, glad to see you found out that home grown is usually way better than the street weed! Wait until you get it down to a science you'll be growing dnak buds!

Phatpharmer

Nice report, wmmeyer :). Have you picked a new strain to grow, yet? That was my next step - picking the beans and buying them :D.

I went in to see how she was doing, and she said "I feel like I'm part of the bed and I can't move."
sounds liek a job well done there man. lol congrats man.

wmmeyer said:
Best danged hobby I've ever had.

Be warned Wmmeyer.

The addiction is not only tasted upon the lips.

It is tasted in the mind.

A different kind of addiction, an addiction far more addictive than anything you could ever imagine.

You WILL become addicted.

To the urge of secretly growing a plant that consumes your time and makes your thoughts wander to how she is growing, an urge so great that you are compelled to go and check on her ..... Just making sure.

Are you willing to accept the addiction?

:peace:

HIE's right man. only im not addicted, I'M HOOKED!!!:hubba:

Are you willing to accept the addiction?

Too late to ask, HIE. I'm already well smitten. I'm in the grow room dozens of times a day, just looking at her.

...found out that home grown is usually way better than the street weed!

No comparison whatsoever. An early sample of my very first grow blows away Everything I've ever tried on the street.

wonderful feeling aint it Smoking your own bud and getting as high as hell :D
It's a great feeling, isn't it? Enormously empowering.

Words alone cannot begin to describe it.

Have you picked a new strain to grow, yet?

Well, yes and no. I've got another bag with a lot of seeds in it, that has a real pleasant spicy taste to it. The bag my first grow came out of was just plain nasty crap. If my own grow of that same seed tastes so much better, I can't help but wonder what the sweet/spicy stuff would come out as. But to answer your question, I will NEVER live long enough to try everything I'd like to try. Pretty much has to be in the Indica arena, but that still leaves a lot to choose from.

Many thanx to everyone for their kind words.

congrats on your first taste of your own home grown ;)
can never go back to the street now....your spoiled ;)

Latest posts

Back